In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Student Org Spotlight: Pilipino Cultural Association
The Pilipino Cultural Association (PCA) at USciences offers a space for Filipino students to connect. PCA President Myles Pacla, PharmD’25, shared more about the organization.
Describe PCA- what is the mission or purpose?
PCA allows students to get involved with other cultural organizations and other schools to strengthen lies. It offers support for Filipinos in and out of the USciences community on a cultural, social, and political level.
Why should people join?
People should consider joining this org not only to learn more about the Filipino culture, but to connect with others within the community. In addition, there is always free food and gifts given at events!
Why did you join PCA?
I joined to connect with my culture more and educate myself further. I like the welcoming and inclusive community that is projected not only on campus but outside of it as well.
What are PCA members like?
Our members are charismatic, loud, and welcoming overall. PCA looks for individuals that are willing to learn and absorb the Filipino culture. We are always willing to invite new members!
What events do you participate in throughout the year?
Typically, PCA participates in various events on and off campus. On campus events include the Org Fair, S.O.U.L Art, Barrio Production, and collaborative events with other organizations. Off campus events include District 5 and FIND events such as D5 Pageant, ADOBOWL, and KAMAYAN.
Categories: News, Students, Student Life