In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Newsweek Ranks USciences as Top PA College to get ‘Most Bang for Your Buck’
As students and their families examine the true value of a college education, Newsweek has recently ranked the top colleges and universities with the best return on investment. USciences was ranked number one in Pennsylvania for value.
The list relies on data from a Georgetown University study examining the value graduates see as a result of their college education by determining their average return on investment. The study is based on reporting from the U.S. Department of Education.
The study compared USciences against 76 other private colleges in Pennsylvania and showed graduates have a net present value of $1.9 million over 40 years with a median debt of $27,000. Net present value is how much a sum of money in the future is valued today. This metric includes costs, future earnings and the length of time it would take to invest and earn a certain amount of money over a fixed horizon.
Because USciences is a unique school specializing in healthcare and science fields, the University offers a wide range of degrees that prepare students for in-demand fields. Students get hands-on experience and are able to conduct research as early as their first year, work with state-of-the-art equipment in more than 100 labs, as well as partake in internships, experiential education programming, and leadership opportunities.
The University's practical approach to learning leads to success as is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus, and alumni are proven everywhere they go.
Categories: News, USciences, Proven Everywhere, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Misher College of Arts and Sciences, Samson College of Health Sciences