In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Merck CEO Kenneth Frazier to be Honored at Founders’ Day
Kenneth C. Frazier, Chair of the Board and CEO of Merck & Co., has been selected as the Bicentennial Founders' Day keynote speaker. Frazier will address the University community during the 200th Founders’ Day Virtual Celebration on February 23, 2021.
In recognition of Frazier’s distinguished leadership in the pharmaceutical and healthcare
industries, he will also receive an honorary doctor of science degree during the ceremony.
Under Frazier’s leadership, Merck is delivering innovative lifesaving medicines and vaccines. Frazier, who joined the company in 1992, has substantially increased Merck’s investment in research, including early research while refocusing the organization on the launch and growth of key products that provide benefit to society. He has also led the formation of philanthropic and other initiatives that build on Merck’s 125-plus year legacy.
Frazier has previously held positions of increasing responsibility at Merck including general counsel and president. He has also served as a partner with Philadelphia law firm Drinker Biddle & Reath and his contributions to the legal, business, and humanitarian fields have been widely recognized.
Frazier sits on the boards of PhRMA, Weill Cornell Medicine, ExxonMobil Corporation, Catalyst, and Cornerstone Christian Academy in Philadelphia. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the American Philosophical Society, The Busines Council, the Council of American Law Institute, and the American Bar Association.
Frazier earned his bachelor’s degree from The Pennsylvania State University and holds a Juris Doctorate from Harvard Law School.
Categories: News, Event, USciences, Misher College of Arts and Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Samson College of Health Sciences