In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Elizabeth Harris Named 2021 PPA Preceptor of the Year
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently presented Elizabeth Harris, PharmD, BCACP with the PPA Preceptor of the Year Award during PPA’s 2021 Annual Conference held at the Harrisburg Hilton Hotel on September 25, 2021, in Harrisburg, PA.
The Preceptor of the Year award is presented to a preceptor who demonstrates outstanding interaction, knowledge sharing, and who is an exceptional pharmacy role model for students. Only PPA student members may nominate individuals for this award.
Harris received her PharmD from the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy in 2013. After graduation, she completed a community pharmacy practice residency with the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy and Giant Eagle. She is currently an associate professor of clinical pharmacy at the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at USciences and a clinical pharmacy specialist for Sunray Drugs in Philadelphia, PA.
At USciences, Harris is an Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience (IPPE) and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) Community Pharmacy Clerkship Preceptor. She is known to her students as having an impactful mentoring style. Her relatable approach to precepting allows her students to become more independent and confident. This method of guidance leads to an increase in time spent applying their knowledge and experience to patients and their needs.
Harris is a member of PPA's Educational Foundation Board of Directors, the Pennsylvania
Pharmacist Editorial Review Board, and the Professional Development Committee. In
addition, she serves as the co-chairperson of PPA’s Tobacco Cessation Advisory Board,
a PA Department of Health funded program that is charged with
providing best practices and guidance for pharmacists wanting to bill for cessation services at their pharmacy.
She is also an active member of American Association of College of Pharmacy (AACP)
and the American Pharmacists Association (APhA).
Categories: News, Faculty, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Award