In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
20 New Members Inducted into OT Honor Society
20 new members were inducted into Phi Theta Epsilon’s (PTE) Delta Iota chapter at USciences during a ceremony held on November 9, 2021. PTE is a specialized honor society for occupational therapy students and alumni, whose mission is to promote research, leadership, and scholarship.
Faculty, staff, family, and friends joined new PTE members in person and via Zoom to congratulate them. The ceremony featured speakers including Sinclair Smith, ScD, Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences, and USciences alumna Pooja Patel DrOT’17, ORT/L, CDP, National President of Phi Theta Epsilon.
Wendy Walsh, PhD, OTR/L, Chair of the Department of Occupational Therapy, addressed inductees offering some words of wisdom from her time as an OT student, a member of PTE, and into her career.
“Walk through the door that this induction into PTE has opened,” shared Dr. Walsh. “You are our next generation of researchers, scholars, and leaders in the field of occupational therapy.”
Students recited the PTE oath, and were presented with an honors cord, flower, and a candle to symbolize their shining light.
Criteria for induction into PTE requires students to have a GPA of 3.5 or higher and be in the top 35% of their class. The USciences chapter of PTE started in 2013 and continues to grow each year.
2021 PTE inductees:
Marie Lyani Nicandro
Categories: News, Samson College of Health Sciences, Department of Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Awards and Honors