In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
As Seen in The Bulletin
Vol. 107 No. 1
USciences Online Launches Medical Cannabis Certificate Programs
As the medical cannabis industry continues to grow, USciences has launched three new certificate programs to help those interested in entering the industry. The programs include an undergraduate certificate in Medical Cannabis Retail Operations and Sales and graduate certificates in The Business of Medical Marijuana and the Cannabis Industry and Medical Cannabis for Health Professionals.
All three programs offered through USciences Online are currently enrolling students for flexible, 100 percent online courses tailored for working adults beginning August 24, 2020, and beyond. The 12-credit cannabis certificate programs are among the first of their kind in the country and address modern challenges to prepare students for success.
“We have heard about the demand for more education in the medical marijuana and cannabis industries and are answering the call with these graduate and undergraduate certificate programs to help individuals advance their careers in this growing industry,” said Andrew Peterson, executive director of the University’s Substance Use Disorders Institute, which was integral in the creation of the courses. “Formal educational programs bring more credibility to the cannabis industry as it matures. There is a need for well-educated individuals who know both the business side and the medical side of the industry.”
Two of the programs -- The Business of Medical Marijuana and the Cannabis Industry and Medical Cannabis Retail Operations and Sales -- are designed for individuals who may already have sales, marketing or healthcare backgrounds and are interested in working in the rapidly expanding cannabis industry. The Medical Cannabis for Health Professionals Program is a great fit for healthcare practitioners who want to better understand the medical cannabis industry and the therapeutic effects of cannabis.
The programs include courses such as Cannabis Marketing and Sales, Finance and Regulation in the Cannabis Industry, Supply Chain Management in the Cannabis Industry, Cannabis Pharmacology, and Medical Uses of Cannabis: From Theory to Practice.
For more information about these programs visit online.usciences.edu.
Categories: News, USciences, Faculty, USciences Online