In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Sinclair Smith Named Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences
Sinclair Smith, ScD, has been named Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences, Provost Designate Jill Baren, MD, announced Tuesday. Dr. Smith comes to USciences from Drexel University where he served as Chair of the Health Sciences Department- and Professor of Health Sciences. He will start at USciences beginning September 1.
Dr. Smith was selected following a national search and committee process chaired by Dean Ed Foote of Philadelphia College of Pharmacy.
Dr. Smith previously served on the faculty at Temple University, Belmont University, and Misericordia University. In addition, he has served as adjunct faculty for Salus University and Arcadia University and previously worked as a research physiologist at the US Army Research Institute of Environmental Medicine in Massachusetts.
He is a member of the American College of Sports Medicine and American Physiological Society. Dr. Smith received his undergraduate degree in Biology and a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. Dr. Smith earned a Doctor of Science in Applied Anatomy and Physiology from Boston University.
As Dean of Samson College, Dr. Smith brings 25 years of experience in higher education leadership, teaching, and research. He has taught over 20 different courses in the areas of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, statistics, and research. Dr. Smith has also mentored over 50 graduate student research projects and published over 100 peer-reviewed articles, presentations, and book chapters.
Categories: News, Announcement, Samson College of Health Sciences, Leadership, USciences