In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Pharmacy Alumni Installed in PA Pharmacists Association Leadership
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently installed alumni Thomas Franko, PharmD’11, BCACP as the 2020-2021 President-Elect, and Michelle Murphy, MS, PharmD’08, as the 2020-2021 MCO/Industry/Government Director. The appointments were made during PPA’s 2020 First-Ever Virtual Annual Conference held on October 1, 2020, via a live broadcast.
Dr. Franko is currently an Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Wilkes University Nesbitt School of Pharmacy. Franko is serving PPA as a member of the Membership and Finance Committees. Outside of PPA, Franko is an active member of the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) where he is the Coordinator Elect for the Pain, Palliative Care, and Addiction Special Interest Group (PPCA SIG). He is also a member of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy where he serves as the Substance Use Disorder Special Interest Group Teaching Committee Chair.
In recognition of his work in pharmacy and Substance Use Disorder, he was awarded the 2017 Pharmacist Mutual Companies Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award, the 2018 Generation Rx Champion Award, and a Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Service in 2019 from APhA PPCA SIG. In his spare time, Franko serves his community by volunteering at the Little Theatre of Wilkes-Barre.
Dr. Murphy has spent the past decade of her career working closely with providers, patients, and community partners to help drive change in the healthcare delivery system. In 2014, Murphy received the Adjunct Faculty Award from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at USciences.
Dr. Murphy is currently the Director of Pharmacy for AmeriHealth Caritas Community HealthChoices. She transitioned into managed care to use her experience and practical approach to influence healthcare transformation on a larger scale. Outside of PPA, she is an active member of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy. In her spare time, Murphy serves her community by volunteering with the local Ronald McDonald House and Cathedral Kitchen.
Categories: News, Alumni, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Pharmacy,