In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
National Association of Chain Drug Stores Grant To Fund USciences’ Hepatitis C Effort
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) has awarded a USciences student and faculty member a grant to develop a community pharmacy-driven program to impact individuals with Hepatitis C.
The grant awarded to Jenna Januszka PharmD’21 and Elizabeth Harris, PharmD, associate professor of clinical pharmacy, will allow them to develop a comprehensive care model to follow patients through the entire Hepatitis C care continuum from diagnosis to treatment.
Students will conduct screenings, counsel patients on risk-reduction strategies,
and provide medication management interventions. Alumna Elissa Muller PharmD’18, Sunray Drugs specialty pharmacy manager, is collaborating on the project with Dr. Harris and Januszka.
The 25th Annual NACDS Foundation Scholarship Program is part of an ongoing commitment to advancing patient care through pharmacy education. This year, recipients were presented with their merit-based awards at a virtual awards ceremony hosted by the NACDS Foundation.
“Thanks to our benefactors’ outstanding commitment, schools, and colleges of pharmacy nationwide have the opportunity to improve health outcomes and address existing care gaps in their own communities,” said NACDS Foundation President Kathleen Jaeger. “We are so appreciative of our sponsors’ generosity and tremendous support of the NACDS Foundation Scholarship Program as well as the students, faculty, and upcoming public health champions it proudly promotes.”
The NACDS Foundation Scholarship Program began in 1997. Since then, nearly $4.5 million in scholarships have been provided for pharmacy education thanks to the generous support of the program’s benefactors.
Categories: News, Faculty, Students, Alumni, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration, Pharmacy, Grant