In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Media Personality Michael Smerconish To Address Graduates at 2020 Commencement
Michael Smerconish, host of a daily radio program and CNN’s “Smerconish”, has been selected to address the class of 2020 at the 199th Commencement Ceremony on May 20, 2020.
USciences is committed to the health and well-being of our extended University family in the midst of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. USciences will grant graduates their degrees via a live-streamed, virtual ceremony. When it is safe to gather together again, USciences will host an in-person ceremony as well. The details of this activity will be developed over the coming months.
In recognition of Smerconish’s contributions to the public discourse and advocacy for the common good, he will also receive an honorary doctor of science degree during the ceremony. Smerconish is known for his independent thinking in an era of polarized political punditry.
A longtime newspaper columnist for the Philadelphia Daily News and Sunday Philadelphia Inquirer, Smerconish’s columns were routinely reprinted in newspapers across the country. He can be heard daily on SiriusXM’s POTUS channel and on CNN where he hosts “Smerconish” airing Saturdays at 9 a.m.
Smerconish is author of seven books, including a novel, “TALK,” and his latest book “Clowns to the Left of Me, Jokers to the Right: American Life in Columns.”
Smerconish is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Lehigh University and the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He resides in the Philadelphia suburbs where he and his wife have raised four children.
Categories: News, USciences, Event,