In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Mark Bullock, Kaitlyn Martin Honored with Founders' Day Staff Award of Merit
Mark Bullock, associate dean of students at University of the Sciences, and Kaitlyn Martin, program coordinator for student accommodations, were awarded the fourth annual Founders' Day Staff Award of Merit on Feb. 13, 2020 for their work to make campus more accessible.
The award is presented to an outstanding staff member who "exemplifies the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit of USciences' founders, and who has engaged in research, or some form of scholarly pursuit, that results in the development or discovery of something new.
Martin and Bullock shared the honor for their advocacy work to raise awareness of the importance of providing educational access in and out of the classroom. Bullock and Martin made improvements to processes and policies related to service animals on campus, emotional support animals in campus residences, and service animals in laboratories.
“Their work will leave a lasting imprint at USciences,” said Paul Katz, USciences president as he was presenting the award.
Martin, a native of Staten Island, NY, currently resides in Ardmore, PA where she enjoys reading, going to local restaurants, and spending time with her husband and dog.
Bullock, a native of Pemberton, NJ, currently resides in Philadelphia and enjoys traveling with his partner.
Each year, Founders' Day at USciences recognizes its establishment on Feb. 23, 1821, as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy-the first college of pharmacy in North America, which is now a part of USciences.
Categories: News, Staff, Awards and Honors, Event, Student Life