In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
As Seen in The Bulletin
Vol. 106 No. 2
Alumni Spotlight: Lt. Col. Andrew Gawlikowski PharmD’05
Get to know more about Lt. Col. Andrew Gawlikowski PharmD'05 recipient of the 2019 Young Alumnus Award, who serves at the rank of Lieutenant Colonel in the US Air Force and currently serves as Chief in the Expeditionary Planning and Concepts Branch in Washington, D.C. He has previously been stationed at Travis Air Force Base, CA and Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ. He has served two tours as a Pharmacy Advisor in Afghanistan.
I was born… In 1980
I wanted to grow up to be… In the military and serve. Jumping out of airplanes, shooting the bad guys, etc.
People would be surprised to know that I… Am the father of four daughters whom I love dearly. All princesses all the time.
I like to collect… Weapons.
My favorite memory at USciences/ PCPS is… I was not doing well in my studies and my mentor pulled me under his wing and assisted me with focusing on my strengths while acknowledging my weaknesses. Not an easy task, but a life skill.
The last book I read cover to cover is… American Ulysses. One of the greatest underrated presidents this nation has had.
The last book I read that I would recommend to others is… Gates of Fire, about the battle of Thermopylae, the stand of the 300, and how comradery is so important in this world.
The first album I bought with my own cash was… Led Zeppelin: 4
I like to watch… “The Office” but only with my wife.
The most challenging thing about my job is… Strategic messaging to senior military leaders. Sending the right message at the right time. The dynamics of medicine in warfare do not change, but the implications of staging and where to abate the fight does.
When people tell me they want to get more involved with the University… Go for it. Community involvement and volunteerism are excellent in making an outstanding citizen.
My most treasured possession is… My daughters.
My real-life hero is… George Washington. Great leader, man of faith, and brought our nation together.
I overuse the word(s) or phrase(s)… Roger or Roger that
The most famous person I’ve met is… Andy Reid. While at USciences, I was a ball boy for the Eagles during the 2002 season.
For me, USciences is… Hard work but great results.
Categories: News, Alumni, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Administration,