In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
W.W. Smith Charitable Trust Representatives Meet USciences Scholarship Recipients
W.W. Smith Charitable Trust provides funding for undergraduate students scholarships amounting to $71,000 in aid to support 17 undergraduate students. Officials from the trust met with the students and learned about how it supports their success on November 12, 2019, on during a reception on campus.
The scholarship supports students with financial need from across all disciplines at the University.
“College is expensive,” said Paul Katz, MD, USciences President. “The support we get from W.W. Smith is really most important because it gives our students a chance to afford this education. We are most appreciative and feel very fortunate to have W.W. Smith support us.”
Brian Jones, a grant administrator at W.W. Smith, congratulated the scholarship recipients and wished them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
Nick Molinero DPT’23 is a student from Northeast Philadelphia who is dependent on his scholarship to afford his education. Molinero said he struggled after the death of his father and he wasn’t sure he would be able to continue as his dad was the primary breadwinner for the family since his mother was diagnosed with cancer, years before.
“I am honored to be supported by W.W. Smith Charitable Trust and I am grateful and thankful for your investment in us,” said Molinero.
The students receiving support from the W.W. Smith Charitable Trust include:
Gabrielle Brooks PharmD’22; David Broytman BMS’21; Kyle Brunner PC’20; Erik Cauley Phys’22; Julia Chang PharmD’24; Petr Dao BC’22; Yeri Han PharmD’22; Taahir Hutchings PharmD’23; Quinn Kelleher PharmD’23; Dong Lee PharmD’22; Carly Levin DPT’22; Molinero; Maitri Patel BMS’22; William Ruan PharmD’22; Siham Saih DrOT’22; Aubrey Schall BC’22; Ryan Shou PharmD’22.
Categories: News, Misher College of Arts and Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Samson College of Health Sciences, Students, Awards and Honors, Event,