In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
USciences Celebrates Class of 2019 at Annual Awards
University of the Sciences honors the class of 2019 with awards and prizes based on academic excellence, research, leadership qualities, and community involvement. The 2019 award reception was an opportunity to celebrate the achievements of our graduates.
On the morning of USciences 198th Commencement Ceremony on May 22, 2019, the graduates were joined by their families and proud supporters of the university, including our generous donors and supporters from Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson, Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association, and Merck.
Thank you to everyone who made commencement a special day for our graduates! Interested in supporting a commencement award? Please contact Colleen Chase, donor relations coordinator at CChase@USciences.edu to learn how you can help!
Mr. Timmy Garde and Mrs. Linda Baron proudly represented the Joseph L. Garde Commencement Award and the Theodore I. Goldblum Memorial Prize, Mr. Robert Basickes and Dr. Marcia Witlin-Basickes attended in honor of Dr. Bernard Witlin '38 and Frances Freed Witlin Award in Microbiology, and Gloria Goodwin represented the Irene M. Mock Memorial Commencement Award and the Virginia Lebo Osol Memorial Prize.
Students recipients join Ms. Mary Ogunkrode who attended in honor of the Femi Ogunkorode Endowed Memorial Commencement Award, along with Mr. Darryle Tillman and Mr. John Barrett who represented the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association Outstanding Pharmacy Student Award.
Dr. Eli Packman, with student scholar, Katherine Bossone, the recipient of the Packman
Family Award in Toxicology.
Alumnus, Kedar Gokhale TX'87, MD and Ms. Stacey Ross represent the Johnson and Johnson Commencement Awards with graduating students Brittany Rickard, Jared Waxman, and Quynh-Nhu Truong.
Categories: News, Students, Alumni, Misher College of Arts and Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Samson College of Health Sciences, Awards and Honors, Event