In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
New Study: USciences Offers Excellent Return on Investment
University of the Sciences alumni have a proven record of graduating on time, finding jobs in their fields, and earning top dollar in their careers. Now, a study from Georgetown University has found that USciences is proven to be an excellent long-term investment.
According to the study, which relies on data from the U.S. Department of Education, USciences is among the top ten for return on an investment 40 years after enrollment among private colleges and universities across the country.
The study from Georgetown’s Center on Education and the Workforce explores “net present value” or how much a sum of money in the future is valued today. This metric includes costs, future earnings and the length of time it would take to invest and earn a certain amount of money over a fixed horizon. The investment in a USciences education offers graduates a net present of $1.9 million, according to the study.
The net present value is how much a sum of money in the future is valued today. This metric includes costs, future earnings, and the length of time it would take to invest and earn a certain amount of money over a fixed horizon.The data show that USciences alumni earn more than graduates of Ivy League schools such as Harvard, Princeton and the University of Pennsylvania. The return on investment is also greater than similar regional institutions and is first in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware for a long-term return on investment.
Because USciences is a unique school specializing in healthcare and science fields, the University offers a wide range of degrees that prepare students for in-demand fields. Students get hands-on experience and are able to conduct research as early as their first year, work with state-of-the-art equipment in more than 100 labs, as well as partake in internships, experiential education programming, and leadership opportunities.
The University's practical approach to learning leads to success as is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus, and alumni are proven everywhere they go.
USciences graduates on average earn a median annual income of $91,600 a decade after enrolling, according to data from the College Scorecard.
Categories: News, USciences, Proven Everywhere, Alumni, Students