In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- USciences Announces New Leadership, New Members to the Board of Trustees
August 11, 2020
University of the Sciences' Board of Trustees has elected new leadership and added two new members for the 2020-21 academic year.
- Physics Professor Paul Halpern Releases New Book
August 04, 2020
Paul Halpern, PhD, Professor of Physics at USciences, has released his new book Synchronicity: The Epic Quest to Understand the Quantum Nature of Cause and Effect published by Basic Books.
- Physical Therapy Alumna, Faculty Collaborate on Airbag for Hips
July 30, 2020
USciences faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy along with an alumna of the program are studying new technology that has a chance to give patients a leg up.
- Anuja Gupta Named Chair of Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business
July 28, 2020
Dr. Gupta has been named chair of the Department of Pharmaceutical Healthcare Business and director of the MBA program effective July 1.
- USciences' Patrick Davitt Shares how to Stay Safe while Exercising in the Heat
July 21, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, director of USciences health sciences program, was quoted by The Philadelphia Inquirer in an article about how to safely exercise outside in the heat, especially while wearing a mask.
- Sinclair Smith Named Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences
July 21, 2020
Sinclair Smith, ScD, has been named Dean of Samson College of Health Sciences beginning September 1, 2020.
- Alumnus Sees COVID-19 Through A Student Lens Donor Spotlight: Dwight Bowen, PharmD'11
July 20, 2020
When the COVID-19 pandemic began, Dwight Bowen PharmD'11 joined other alumni with a philanthropic response to help USciences students in need through the Student Emergency Fund.
- USciences Awarded $2.3 Million in Research Grants for 2020 Fiscal Year
July 16, 2020
USciences faculty and student researchers were awarded $2.3 million in research funding in the 2020 fiscal year from both private and federal sponsors.
- USciences Professor Discusses Exercising While Wearing a Mask
July 14, 2020
Patrick Davitt PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Director of the Health Sciences Program at USciences, spoke with The Philadelphia Inquirer about exercising outdoors while wearing a mask.
- Occupational Therapy Class Keeps Connection While Learning Virtually
July 13, 2020
As COVID-19 brought stay-at-home orders and the transition to virtual life began for many people, classes at USciences and everywhere had to be adapted. For Sarah Corcoran OTD, OTR/L, this meant bringing OT 105/405: Overview of Occupational Therapy (OT) Practice to life online.
- Alumnus Takes 'Opportunity of A Lifetime' Serving on White House Coronavirus Task Force
July 09, 2020
Kurtis Oakley MB'07, MT'08 was deployed in April as a COVID-19 microbiological operations officer with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) White House task force unit.
- USciences Faculty Author Textbook 'Effective Scientific Communication'
July 09, 2020
Cristina Hanganu-Bresch, PhD, assistant director of Writing Programs and professor of writing and rhetoric, and Kelleen Flaherty, former assistant professor of Biomedical Writing at USciences, authored a textbook "Effective Scientific Communication: The Other Half of Science."
- Medical Humanities Program Opens Doors for Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20
July 07, 2020
A pre-med student studying Biomedical Sciences, Jenna Kwiecinski MedHum'20, BMS'20 picked up a second major, Medical Humanities, to indulge her interests and expand her perspective.
- Dig It: Student's Passion Leads to Month-Long Excavation Trip in Belize
June 30, 2020
Victoria Pobok Bio'20, HumSci'20 has always loved learning about ancient cultures and this summer she was able to indulge that curiosity during a month-long archeological dig in Northern Belize studying the ancient Maya.
- Director of USciences' Brewing Science Program Discovers new Yeast Variety
June 22, 2020
Matthew Farber, PhD, Director of the Brewing Science Program at USciences, celebrated the launch of his new yeast variety "WildBrew Philly Sour" which was recently introduced by Lallemand Brewing.
- USciences Professor Amy Janke Accepted into College of Physicians
June 17, 2020
Amy Janke, PhD, associate professor of psychology, has been accepted as a Fellow into the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.
- USciences Celebrates Employee Service in Virtual Ceremony
June 16, 2020
While the annual employee recognition reception looked different from previous years, the purpose remained the same- to honor those who have served the USciences campus community.
- Patricia Ingerick Joins USciences Online as Director of Academics
June 16, 2020
Patricia Ingerick, MBA, MSHS, D.Ed. joined USciences in February as the Director of Academics within the USciences Online team.
- USciences' Physician Assistant Program Achieves Accreditation from ARC-PA
June 15, 2020
University of the Sciences has received notification from the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant that the University's Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program has been granted provisional accreditation and may begin enrolling students.
- Professor Publishes Research of the Impact of Occupational Therapists During COVID-19
June 15, 2020
Wendy Walsh PhD, OTR/L, in collaboration with Rondalyn Varney Whitney, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, of West Virignia University's School of Medicine, have been published by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).