In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- Louis J Lupo Named to Board of Trustees
December 11, 2020
USciences Board of Trustees has appointed a new board member, Louis J. Lupo P'76, PharmD'01, Board Chair James J. Rivard P'81, MBA announced Friday.
- Virtual Anatomy Tool Brings Hands-on Experience to Remote Learning
December 09, 2020
In Fall 2020, the college's Physician Assistant Program began using the Sectra Table virtual interactive anatomy platform from Touch of Life Technologies (TolTech) in Human Anatomy courses twice a week.
- National Association of Chain Drug Stores Grant To Fund USciences' Hepatitis C Effort
December 04, 2020
The National Association of Chain Drug Stores (NACDS) has awarded a USciences student and faculty member a grant to develop a community pharmacy-driven program to impact individuals with Hepatitis C.
- USciences Online Graduate Helps Make Immediate Changes in Patient's Lives
December 03, 2020
Originally looking at many program options, Emely Pucheu HADM'20 ultimately chose USciences Online's Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Administration.
- USciences Helps Feed over 350 Families this Thanksgiving
December 01, 2020
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic, USciences ninth annual Appeal for a Meal food drive was a success, collecting just over 350 Thanksgiving meals for West Philadelphia families in need.
- Celebrating the Bicentennial Edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy
November 25, 2020
The 23rd edition of Remington: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy was published in November by USciences own Philadelphia College of Pharmacy (PCP) faculty.
- USciences Online Graduate Uses Certificate to Continue Advancing her Career
November 16, 2020
When Gina Pepe HAGC'20 was looking to continue her education, she knew that doing so through an asynchronous, online program would be her best option for success while juggling her busy life.
- Alumna Chooses to Continue Her Education with USciences Online
November 12, 2020
When looking to continue her education, alumna Gwenevere Creque MT’78, HIGC’20 discovered that USciences Online offered just what she was looking for.
- Student On Frontlines of COVID-19 Shows Importance of Lab Science
November 12, 2020
As the Deputy Coroner, Joseph Vizzarri BMS'21 acts as the eyes and ears of the forensic pathologists when there is a death investigation.
- USciences Honors Past Community Landmark with Rebirth of Mural
November 11, 2020
The Alexander Wilson Elementary School had been a landmark in its West Philadelphia community for decades. USciences acquired the space at 46th and Woodland Avenue, and the University wanted to honor the elementary school's legacy.
- Pharmacy Alumni Installed in PA Pharmacists Association Leadership
November 06, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently installed alumni Thomas Franko, PharmD'11, BCACP as the 2020-2021 President-Elect, and Michelle Murphy, MS, PharmD'08, as the 2020-2021 MCO/Industry/Government Director.
- Studying Stress, Melissa Manners Researches how to Offset Negative Effects
October 28, 2020
Melissa Manners, PhD, and her laboratory are devoting their time to researching something that everyone can relate to- stress.
- 2020 Alumni Association Annual Award Ceremony
October 23, 2020
USciences marked an unconventional, virtual Reunion event with the annual The Alumni Association Award Ceremony on Saturday, October 10, to recognize the achievements of four outstanding alumni.
- What it's Really Like to Transfer to USciences
October 23, 2020
Learn about USciences' programs, how to transfer credits, financial aid, and more from a transfer student.
- Psychology Course Examines Empathy For the Atypical Experience
October 16, 2020
The course examines lived experiences that do not fit our usual image of a "typical" life: people born deaf, child prodigies, criminals, or little people, to name a few.
- Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Awarded PPA's Public Awareness and Communication Award
October 15, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently presented Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at USciences, with the Public Awareness and Communication Award during PPA's First-Ever Virtual Annual Conference held on October 2, 2020.
- Pharmacy Faculty and Alumni Honored by Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association
October 15, 2020
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association recently presented awards to Richard Ost P'82; Daniel Ventricelli, PharmD, MPH; and Elizabeth Harris, PharmD, at a Virtual Annual Conference held on October 2, 2020.
- Alumni Share First Job Advice With Students
October 14, 2020
The Young Professionals Organization (YPO) hosted two virtual Pharmacy Career panels This summer focused on networking and leveraging the most from residencies.
- Donor Spotlight: Supporting the Future of Our Profession
October 12, 2020
When the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak began last Spring, Oleg Zvenigorodsky PharmD'08 joined the collective effort to support the Student Emergency Fund. At the onset of the pandemic, it was one of Zvenigorodsky's first instincts to support students in response to the crisis.
- Students Experience the "Science Side of Pharmacy" in the Industrial Pharmacy Lab
October 09, 2020
The Industrial Pharmacy Lab at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy has seen great success, bringing in over $1 million in funding and grants to develop drugs and drug delivery systems for many pharmaceutical industry partners.