In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- Medical Humanities Blends Healthcare Education with Arts and Humanities
July 19, 2017
USciences’ Medical Humanities major offers humanities instruction for those students interested in pursuing a career in the sciences.
- USciences' NIH Visit Focuses on Expanding Interprofessional Research Opportunities
July 18, 2017
In an effort to build relationships and learn about how to better qualify for federal grant funding, a group of University of the Sciences faculty and staff traveled to the Bethesda, Md., headquarters of the National Institutes of Health.
- Alumna Taps into CPR Skills to Save a Stranger's Life
July 17, 2017
Lindsay Hummel BI'13, DPM, was celebrating her medical school graduation when she was called into action to perform CPR on a stranger.
- USciences Ranked Among Best Colleges for Your Money
July 11, 2017
The value of a USciences education was highlighted in a new college ranking from MONEY Magazine that grades the Best Colleges for Your Money.
- Miss USA Inspires USciences Girls Physics Campers
June 27, 2017
Miss USA Kára McCullough, a scientist for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), visited USciences' Physics Wonder Girls Camp to share her story and mentor middle-school girls from the Philadelphia region in a hands-on STEM activity.
- University-Wide Restructuring Positions USciences for Future Growth
June 27, 2017
For USciences to continue to thrive in today's evolving landscape of higher education and healthcare, the University must continue to position the University for the future.
- A Lesson from Ancient Cultures: USciences Honors Students Travel to Italy, Greece
June 06, 2017
This spring, 19 students in USciences Honors Program traveled to Rome, Florence, Athens and Delphi during their annual trip abroad.
- USciences Honors Christine Flanagan with the Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
June 06, 2017
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia presented the 2017 Lindback Foundation Award for Distinguished Teaching to Christine Flanagan, associate professor of English, on May 24, 2017, at its 196th commencement ceremony.
- USciences hosts iPraxis Celebration for Philadelphia Middle School Achievers
June 05, 2017
University of the Sciences is proud to host students and families from iPraxis for the 11th annual iFunction Celebration and Awards Program on June 7, 2017.
- Class of 2017 Commencement Snapshot
June 02, 2017
A snapshot of the class of 2017.
- USciences Faculty Bring Lessons from the Front Lines of Opioid Crisis to the Classroom
June 01, 2017
Three representatives from USciences were tabbed to serve on subcommittees for The Mayor's Task Force to Combat the Opioid Epidemic in Philadelphia.
- Celebrating Employee Service at USciences
June 01, 2017
Employees from five to 50 years of service were recognized by University president Dr. Paul Katz for their dedication to University of the Sciences at the annual Employee Recognition Reception on June 1, 2017.
- Dr. Zachary Klase Receives $2.1 million Grant from NIDA for HIV Research
May 25, 2017
With a focus on HIV/AIDS research, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences Zachary A. Klase, PhD, was selected to receive the prestigious Avenir Award, a $2.1 million, five-year grant, from the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) in May 2017.
- Dr. Elizabeth Speakman Named Associate Provost for Interprofessional Education at USciences
May 17, 2017
A recognized leader in the field of interprofessional education in healthcare, Dr. Speakman has published a wide array of scholarly articles and book chapters on the topic.
- Watch USciences 196th Commencement
May 16, 2017
USciences celebrated the class of 2017 at its 196th commencement ceremony on Wednesday, May 24, 2017, and bestowed an honorary doctor of science degree on world-renowned vaccine advocate Paul Offit, MD.
- USciences' MBA Program Ranked Among Nation's Elite for Fourth-Consecutive Year
May 15, 2017
Hosted under the University's Mayes College of Healthcare and Business Policy, the MBA program was named a tier one program among other competing programs in the United States, according to the list published this month in CEO Magazine
- USciences Students Win Awards at Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention
May 11, 2017
Two USciences students who attended this year's Alpha Chi Honor Society Convention in Louisville, KY last month, came home with awards.
- Students Inducted into the Physics Honor Society
May 09, 2017
Five physics students and three others were inducted into the USciences Chapter of the Sigma Pi Sigma honor society on Tuesday, May 2, 2017.
- USciences Names Dr. Patricia Audet Interim Dean of Its Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
May 09, 2017
University of the Sciences president Dr. Paul Katz has named Patricia R. Audet P'76, PharmD'78 interim dean of Philadelphia College of Pharmacy beginning July 1, 2017
- 'Humans of USciences' Shares the Story Behind Familiar Faces on Campus
May 08, 2017
That was the burning question for a USciences student who wanted to learn more about those familiar faces walking the hallways or even serving lunch. So, the student founded Humans of USciences, a Facebook page populated with short profiles, quotes, and photos from individuals on campus.