In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- Occupational Therapy Student Overcomes Obstacles to Receive His Degree
October 10, 2017
Christopher Lee ESWT'10, MOT'17, faced a different set of challenges than most students in pursuit of his degree.
- Dr. Abolfazl Saghafi Named Assistant Professor of Statistics at USciences
October 06, 2017
Abolfazl Saghafi, PhD, has been named assistant professor of statistics at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.
- New Grad Certificate in Health Education and Communication Launched at USciences
October 04, 2017
Students can complete the certificate program in as little as one year, while developing portfolio projects and networking connections.
- Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association Honors USciences Faculty and Alumni
October 02, 2017
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association honored assistant professor of clinical pharmacy Dr. Daniel Ventricelli and PJ Ortman P'77, RPh.
- USciences Remains Top 10 in the Nation for Average Salary of Graduates
September 28, 2017
USciences graduates have remained the seventh highest earners on average in the nation, according to the new 2017 College Scorecard data released by the U.S. Department of Education.
- New USciences Ad Campaign Supports Tuition Reset
September 26, 2017
University of the Sciences has launched an exciting, new marketing campaign in support of its recently announced tuition reset.
- Student Well Being is Top Priority for USciences' SHAC
September 26, 2017
This semester, Student Health and Counseling (SHAC) is working to bring more attention to the importance of mental health care and suicide prevention on campus.
- USciences Names Odessa P. Jackson General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
September 18, 2017
With a broad range of corporate and educational management experience, Odessa P. Jackson, Esq., has been named general counsel, chief compliance officer, and secretary to the Board of Trustees at University of the Sciences.
- Ground Breaking Ceremony Held for New USciences Residence Hall
September 13, 2017
The 426-bed, mixed-use residence hall is scheduled to open in the winter of 2018-19.
- New Students Arrive for Move-In Day and Convocation
August 28, 2017
Cars packed to the brim with residence hall room essentials descended on the USciences campus on Friday, August 25, 2017, as the largest class in three years arrives for move-in day.
- On Guatemalan Mission Trip, Pharmacy Students Learn Compassion, Collaborative Care
August 24, 2017
This summer, seven Philadelphia College of Pharmacy students participated in an elective rotation that provided them the opportunity to travel to Panajachel, Guatemala.
- Commentary: Eclipses Are Thrilling and of Immense Scientific Value
August 22, 2017
Paul Halpern PhD reflects on the solar eclipse and its scientific value, particularly for Albert Einstein.
- Robert M. Rudd Named Vice President for Institutional Advancement
August 17, 2017
At USciences, Rudd, who will report to the President and have a seat on Cabinet, will oversee the areas of development, alumni relations, and University events.
- Pink Boots Society, USciences Tackle Sexism in Brewing at 1st Annual Women in Brewing Symposium
August 15, 2017
Topics of discussion include key issues for women in the brewing industry.
- Dr. Shivendra Sahi Named Chair and Professor of Biology at USciences
August 10, 2017
Over the years, Dr. Sahi has managed more than $4 million in research and training grants from many federal and state agencies.
- Health Tip: Grapefruit and Certain Medications Don't Mix Well
July 26, 2017
Dr. Dan Hussar says properties in the grapefruit interact with certain medications in such a way that a person ends up having more of the active drug in the body.
- D'Angelo Mall Gets a New Look During Summer Renovations
July 25, 2017
A key feature of USciences historic campus received a facelift this summer as the Facilities Department reimagined the landscaping along D’Angelo Mall and removed a few potential hazard trees, as well as addressed several overgrown plantings in the process.
- Students Get Better Grasp of Addiction at Institute of Alcoholism and Drug Dependencies
July 20, 2017
Students and faculty from Philadelphia College of Pharmacy attended the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Institute of Alcoholism and Drug Dependencies in Salt Lake City this past spring.
- Medical Humanities Blends Healthcare Education with Arts and Humanities
July 19, 2017
USciences’ Medical Humanities major offers humanities instruction for those students interested in pursuing a career in the sciences.