In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- Geraldine Healy Marini Named Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy at USciences
November 17, 2017
Geraldine Healy Marini, OTD, MS, OT/L, has been named assistant professor of occupational therapy at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.
- USciences Signs Articulation Agreement with Bucks County Community College
November 17, 2017
University of the Sciences and Bucks County Community College signed a professional bridge articulation agreement allowing students who graduate from Bucks with specified associate degrees to enter into USciences pre-professional programs in physical therapy and pharmacy.
- Matching Funds Double #GivingTuesdayUSciences Impact
November 15, 2017
Tuesday, Nov. 28 is a day for giving back. Give Online and participate in #GivingTuesdayUSciences this holiday season. Each gift is being matched thanks to the generosity of a USciences alumna.
- USciences Posts Fourth-Highest Academic Success Rate of NCAA Division II Schools
November 09, 2017
USciences has now been in the top-six of the Division II ASR in each of the 11 years it has been featured on the report, and has also had the highest ASR of all schools in the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) in each of those 11 years.
- USciences Alumnus Leads PT Team for U.S. Navy's Humanitarian Mission in Puerto Rico
November 03, 2017
As FEMA and other aid organizations descended on Puerto Rico in the days after Hurricane Maria made direct landfall on the island, Lieutenant Joseph Kenny DPT'15 made his way to the devastated U.S. territory aboard the USNS Comfort, a floating hospital ship
- USciences Lab Focuses on Improving Brain Function, Activity in People with Stroke
November 02, 2017
Each week, several research subjects who have had a stroke tie up their laces and get on the treadmill or the stationary bicycle inside the Patricia Leahy Memorial Research Laboratory to begin raising their heart rate to begin their circuit training session
- Leslie Ann Bowman Receives USciences Honorary Alumnus Award
October 30, 2017
Bowman, who is an assistant dean and associate professor of information science at USciences, was selected to receive the Honorary Alumnus Award which is presented to "a non-alumnus who has shown exemplary dedication and commitment to the mission of the University."
- Patricia Kienle Receives USciences Annual Alumnus Award
October 30, 2017
Kienle, who is director of accreditation and medication safety at Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions, was selected to receive the Annual Alumnus Award through her contributions "in outstanding fashion to the professions, to science, and/or to mankind."
- In the Footsteps of Giants: Alumnus at the Helm of Diabetes Drug Maker
October 27, 2017
As a student at USciences, Mike Castagna P'00, MBA, PharmD, often found himself thinking of the iconic names in pharmacy whose education was molded at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and dreaming of making an impact like they did.
- Dr. Michelle Kanther Named Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
October 26, 2017
Michelle Kanther, PhD, has been named assistant professor of biological sciences at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. She comes to USciences with experience researching the interactions between microbe and the immune system.
- New Discovery by USciences Researchers Moves Closer to Triple Negative Breast Cancer Treatment
October 26, 2017
USciences researchers have discovered a small molecule that exhibits selectivity toward TNBC cells while sparing normal surrounding cells.
- PA Pharmacists Association Installs USciences Alumni to President and Director Positions
October 25, 2017
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association (PPA) recently installed a USciences alumnus as its new board president as well as two alumni to director positions during PPA's 2017 Annual Conference held at the Kalahari Resorts and Convention Center on Sept. 23, 2017, in Pocono Manor, Pa.
- STEM Majors at Mercer County Community College Can Transfer to USciences With Full Junior Status Under New Agreement
October 23, 2017
Mercer County Community College (MCCC) students pursuing a career in math, engineering, or the sciences can now transfer to University of the Sciences.
- 2017 Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture Focused on Brain Plasticity
October 19, 2017
The annual Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture serves to add monies to a scholarship fund to financially assist PT students during clinical education and to honor the memory of Professor Leahy.
- Required Medical Cannabis Training Course for Healthcare Providers Offered Oct. 22 at USciences
October 16, 2017
USciences will offer its first live, four-hour medical cannabis training course on Oct. 22, 2017, from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to allow physicians, pharmacists, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners to meet the training requirements set forth by the Pennsylvania Department of Health Office of Medical Marijuana.
- Mayes College Marks a Decade of Healthcare and Business Education
October 13, 2017
Mayes College of Healthcare and Business Policy is celebrating a decade of educating leaders and influencing health policy and practice.
- USciences Professor Paul Halpern Launches New Book
October 11, 2017
Physics Professor Paul Halpern, PhD, is launching his newest book highlighting the friendship and productive collaboration of two acknowledged giants of twentieth-century physics: Richard Feynman and John Wheeler.
- Dr. Michael A. Robert Named Assistant Professor of Applied Mathematics at USciences
October 11, 2017
Michael A. Robert, PhD, has been named assistant professor of applied mathematics at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.
- Dr. Anne Galgon Named Associate Professor of Physical Therapy at USciences
October 10, 2017
Anne Galgon, MPT, PhD, has been named associate professor of physical therapy at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.