In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- USciences Announces Board Changes
February 16, 2018
University of the Sciences has announced changes to the members and officers of the corporation of its board of trustees.
- USciences Celebrates its 197th Founding
February 15, 2018
The ceremony awarded an honorary degree as well as awards of merit to a faculty member, graduate and undergraduate students, and a staff member. In addition, the University recognized endowed positions.
- Workshop Aims to Inform Students about Understanding, Serving, and Working with LGBTQ Individuals
February 14, 2018
The workshop inspired students to provide more education and advocacy for the LGBTQ community.
- USciences' PharmD Program Achieves Continued Accreditation from ACPE
February 07, 2018
USciences' doctor of pharmacy program accreditation extended to June 30, 2023.
- USciences Professor Wins Fulbright Scholarship for Zika Research
February 01, 2018
Using mathematical modeling to fight the spread of Zika virus, University of the Sciences assistant professor Michael Robert, PhD, has received funding from the Fulbright Commission to continue his research in Argentina this summer.
- Gerald F. Smith Named Program Director for Graduate Physician Assistant Studies Program
January 31, 2018
Smith has 15 years of clinical experience as a physician assistant. He has practiced in the areas of primary care, internal medicine, emergency medicine/urgent care, and neurology.
- Ross W. Radish Named Vice President for Student Affairs, Dean of Students
January 30, 2018
Ross W. Radish, JD, has been named Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, University President Dr. Paul Katz announced. Radish had been serving as the Interim Dean of Students since February 2017.
- USciences Opportunity Scholarship Offers Free Tuition to Philadelphia High School Students
January 25, 2018
The USciences Opportunity Scholarship makes tuition one less hurdle on the road to success for eligible Philadelphia high school students who otherwise might find a university degree to be unaffordable.
- PharmD Student Warns of Dangers of Laundry Pod Challenge
January 23, 2018
Thomas Too PharmD'18, an extern at The Poison Control Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, co-authored a blog post for Philly.com about the dangers of the viral Tide Pod Challenge.
- USciences and Franklin BioScience, a Leading Medical Cannabis Innovator, Announce Collaboration
December 19, 2017
Agreement Builds on USciences excellence in research and education; leverages Franklin BioScience's expertise and knowledge of the cannabis plant and deep history of bringing innovative science-backed medical cannabis products to patients.
- Pharmacy Student Educates Philadelphia High School Students About Naloxone
December 19, 2017
Standing before a room full of friends and classmates at Olney Charter High School in North Philadelphia, Elianna Montel asks her peers if they know what naloxone is.
- With Federal Grant, Student Research, Biology Lab Investigates HIV
December 18, 2017
A $2.1 million grant from the National Institutes of Health has expanded the scope of research into HIV led by Zachary Klase, PhD, in his biology lab.
- USciences Alumnus and Peace Corps Volunteer Helps Families in Ethiopia
December 15, 2017
Inspired by his coursework, Michael Elton BI'14 put medical school on hold to pursue something bigger - working as a rural health development worker in Ethiopia as part of the U.S. Peace Corps.
- Samson College Students Use 3D Printer to Create Innovative Patient Resources
December 15, 2017
Challenged to make anything that could improve a patient's life, an interprofessional group of first-year students from Samson College used the college's new 3D printer to create a wide array of items ranging from an acupuncture ball to a right-angled spoon.
- Dr. Thea Zunick Named Director of Student Life at USciences
December 07, 2017
Thea Zunick, EdD, has been named director of student life at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. She comes to USciences with more than 11 years of experience in student affairs including institutions specializing in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- USciences to Grow Summer Internships at Sigmapharm Laboratories
November 29, 2017
Five University of the Sciences undergraduate students from the pharmaceutical sciences and pharmacology/toxicology programs parlayed their classroom learnings into real-world experience when they had the opportunity to participate in a four-week internship this past summer at Sigmapharm Laboratories.
- New Exercise Physiology Degree At USciences Offers More Career Paths
November 27, 2017
With a stronger focus on clinical training and internship experiences, the new BS in exercise physiology degree at USciences positions students to immediately begin their careers after graduation or transition to OT or PT professional programs.
- USciences Donates Record Number of Thanksgiving Meals During Annual Drive
November 21, 2017
During the 6th Annual Appeal for a Meal, USciences students, faculty, and staff donated 461 Thanksgiving meals to Philadelphia families.
- USciences Loses "Legacy of Legacies" Col. S. Rogers Wetherill, III, P'68, MS
November 21, 2017
Alumnus and Board of Trustees member Col. S. Rogers Wetherill, III, P'68, MS, passed away on Nov. 16, 2017. "The legacy of legacies," he was one of a long line of Wetherills who have left an indelible mark on University of the Sciences from the signing of its charter in 1821 to Col. Wetherill's service on the Alumni Board and Board of Trustees.
- John Patro Jr. Named Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy at USciences
November 17, 2017
John Patro Jr., OTD, OTR/L, has been named assistant professor of occupational therapy at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia.