In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- SUDI Hosts Online Streaming Community Forum on Opioid Epidemic
July 16, 2018
University of the Sciences' Substance Use Disorders Institute (SUDI) recently partnered with local activists and researchers to hold a hybrid community forum, streamed over social media as well as open to in-guest attendees on campus, to address harm reduction initiatives in discussion in Philadelphia to address the opioid epidemic.
- USciences First Among PA Colleges for Salary After Graduation
July 10, 2018
In a list published by Lehigh Valley Live and The Express-Times, USciences is first among all colleges and universities in the state when ranked by how much graduates earn on average 10 years after entering the school.
- What Kind of Bacteria Are on the Bottom of Our Shoes?
July 10, 2018
Jason Heindl PhD, assistant professor of biology, helped to guide Jenn Frederick from Fox29's Good Day Philadelphia through the kind of bacteria cultivated from the morning show team members' shoes.
- Physics Wonder Girls Camp Teaches Science of Food and Light
July 03, 2018
Middle school girls interested in physics got a chance to plunge into the science behind light and food this week at the Physics Wonder Girls Summer Camp, a week-long, free STEM camp organized by Dr. Roberto Ramos, associate professor of physics.
- Occupational Therapy Students Get Hands-On Experience at Camp Discovery
June 26, 2018
USciences Occupational therapy students got a different type of hands-on experience this summer as they helped to organize and host Camp Discovery, a unique camp offered to women who have had or are currently receiving treatment for cancer.
- Dan Hussar P'62, MS'64, PhD'67 Retires After More Than 50 Years at Philadelphia College of Pharmacy
June 18, 2018
At a retirement reception for alumni held on campus on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, a line formed out the door to greet Dr. Hussar and thank him for the impact he has had on so many.
- Travelogue: Honors Students Explore Icelandic Culture
June 14, 2018
Sixteen USciences Honors students traveled to Iceland in May for an educational and cultural experience they will not soon forget.
- At 95, Alumnus, Former Professor Welcomes Grandson to the Ranks of USciences Alumni
June 14, 2018
At nearly 95 years old, it has been more than 30 years since Arthur E. Greene BS'49, MS'50, DSc'52 retired as an adjunct professor of virology at University of the Sciences, however, he returned to the University's commencement ceremony this year to watch his most beloved student, his grandson, receive his diploma.
- USciences Celebrates Employee Service at Annual Award Ceremony
June 14, 2018
Employees from five to 45 years of service were recognized by University president Dr. Paul Katz for their dedication to University of the Sciences at the annual Employee Recognition Reception on June 7, 2018.
- Class of 2018 Snapshot
June 05, 2018
A snapshot of USciences Class of 2018 and a breakdown of statistics about the class.
- Kyla Colburn HS'18 Takes First Step in Path to Medical School
May 24, 2018
Kyla Colburn HS’18, who is working fulfill her goal of being a cardiologist, found guidance and support in USciences faculty members while pursuing her bachelors in health science to help her toward her career aspirations.
- USciences Prepared Doris Forestal PhD'18 for the Future of Global Regulatory Affairs
May 24, 2018
DORIS FORESTAL PhD'18 (Health Policy), Director of Global Labeling Therapeutic Area Head for Oncology in the Global Regulatory Affairs department at Janssen Pharmaceuticals, pursued her doctorate degree to further her career
- Using Technology to Train Smarter, Alex Skacel DPT'15 is the Elite Athlete's 'Secret Weapon'
May 22, 2018
Working with some of the world's top athletes, Alex Skacel DPT'15 has established his own business as a sports physical therapist and performance trainer who may just help to extend an athletic career.
- Watch USciences 197th Commencement Live on May 23
May 18, 2018
We will be streaming USciences 197th Commencement Ceremony live on May 23 at 1 p.m.
- USciences Honors Memory of Charlie the Campus Cat with Statue
May 17, 2018
An unofficial school mascot and a pillar of the USciences community, when Charlie the cat passed away in September 2017 at age 14 the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends lost an icon of campus life.
- Debating the Impact of Medical Cannabis on the Opioid Crisis
May 11, 2018
Could access to medical cannabis impact the opioid epidemic? This was the topic of the most recent "Making the Connections" series presented by Mayes College in connection with the Substance Use Disorders Institute (SUDI).
- Former St. Jude CEO Dr. William Evans to Receive Honorary Degree at 2018 Commencement Ceremony
May 09, 2018
USciences will celebrate the class of 2018 at its 197th Commencement Ceremony on Wednesday, May 23, 2018, and bestow an honorary doctor of science degree on William E. Evans, PharmD, endowed chair and former CEO of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
- Snider Youth Hockey Foundation, USciences Partner to Offer Scholarships to Philly Students
May 03, 2018
Philadelphia-area high school student-athletes will be able to receive 100 scholarship years at University of the Sciences, thanks to a $500,000 donation by the Goals & Assists Foundation, a partnership between the Ed Snider Youth Hockey Foundation and Give Something Back, (Give Back).
- Celebration of Scholarship Honors Donors and Recipients
April 19, 2018
The Office of Alumni Relations hosted the University's annual Celebration of Scholarship with a breakfast reception.