In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- Biochemistry PhD Alum Offers Advice to Prospective Students
April 03, 2020
Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) credits USciences graduate programs for helping to advance his career and for giving him experience in the field even before graduation.
- Undergraduate Research Celebrated in Virtual CUR Research Festival
April 01, 2020
Despite campus-wide cancellations due to coronavirus (COVID-19), the 2020 Undergraduate Research Festival, which was set to be held March 10-12, 2020, was successfully transitioned to a series of virtual events.
- From Lab to Industry: USciences Alumnus Thrives in Both
March 27, 2020
Reecha Pandya BMS'15, a senior engineer in the new product introduction group at Abbott Point of Care, credits her time at USciences for her ability to take on diverse and creative responsibilities.
- Alumnus Finds His Passion for Education at USciences
March 24, 2020
Currently, Donnelly teaches advanced placement chemistry, honors chemistry and academic chemistry at Chichester High School in Boothwyn, Pennsylvania.
- Media Personality Michael Smerconish To Address Graduates at 2020 Commencement
March 24, 2020
In recognition of Smerconish's contributions to the public discourse and advocacy for the common good, he will also receive an honorary doctor of science degree during the ceremony.
- Nicholas Cope PhD'20 Earns Founders' Day Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
An outstanding graduate researcher whose work to research cancer led to numerous publications, Nicolas Cope PhD'20 (biochemistry) was presented the 2020 Graduate Student Award of Merit during University of the Sciences' 199th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020.
- Mark Bullock, Kaitlyn Martin Honored with Founders' Day Staff Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
Mark Bullock, associate dean of students at University of the Sciences, and Kaitlyn Martin, program coordinator for student accommodations, were awarded the fourth annual Founders' Day Staff Award of Merit on Feb. 13, 2020.
- Anil D'Mello Honored with Faculty Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
University of the Sciences presented the 2020 Faculty Award of Merit to Anil D'Mello, PhD, during its Founders' Day ceremony on Feb. 13, 2020.
- Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 Earns Founders' Day Award of Merit
March 09, 2020
An impressive undergraduate researcher who already earned a number of publications to his name, Abhinav Illendula BMS'20 was presented the 2020 Undergraduate Student Award of Merit during University of the Sciences' 199th Founders' Day Ceremony on Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020.
- USciences Establishes Procedures for Service Animals in Campus Labs
March 03, 2020
In an effort to make campus more inclusive to current and future students USciences recently established procedures to allow service animals in on-campus laboratory environments.
- Faculty Commentary: How The Political Primary Season Creates Psychological Tribes
March 03, 2020
I have a confession: I'm a political junkie who HATES primary season. I've been involved in political activism since before I could vote. I have a productivity blocker set to keep me off Politico during work. I have political convictions and opinions, and I love to talk about them, but something about primary season makes my skin crawl.
- USciences Honored for Social Mobility at Philadelphia Social Innovations Awards
February 25, 2020
University of the Sciences was awarded the 2020 Social Innovation Award for Post Secondary Education: Social Mobility. The awards were presented on January 23 at Independence Blue Cross' Innovation Center.
- USciences Celebrates 199th Founders' Day
February 18, 2020
Honoring the founding of USciences 199 years ago, the University honored its rich history of innovation and entrepreneurship in healthcare, science, and education at Founders' Day on February 13, 2020. The event also launched the University's Bicentennial celebration which will span through 2021.
- Sparks Fly: USciences Alumni Share Their Love Stories
February 12, 2020
Sparks have been flying around campus for generations and not just in chemistry laboratories! In honor of Valentine's Day, we set out to share a few of the many stories behind alumni who met and fell in love here.
- Misher Visiting Professor Encourages Students to Tell Stories of Immigrants and Outsiders
February 04, 2020
In her talk for the Misher Festival of Fine Arts, Laila Lalami, PhD, the 2020 Misher Visiting Professor of Humanities and Honors Colloquium Speaker, spoke about how her experience growing up in Morocco and then immigrating to the United States and earning citizenship has impacted her writing style.
- USciences Adds New Undergraduate Research Opportunities with SEA-GENES Program
February 03, 2020
Beginning in the fall of 2020, USciences students will have access to a new course-based undergraduate research experience (CURE), SEA-GENES. This course will allow students to conduct experiments in order to determine the functions of viral genes.
- Biomedical Writing Professor Authors Book on Pharmaceutical Labeling
January 31, 2020
Cathleen O'Connell, RPh, MS, PhD, assistant professor in the Biomedical Writing Programs, recently published the first book on pharmaceutical labeling entitled "Essentials of Healthcare Product Labeling" published by the Regulatory Affairs Professional Society.
- USciences Professor Interviewed About Novel Coronavirus
January 30, 2020
Speaking about the impact of a novel Coronavirus, how it spreads, and what the risks are for those in the U.S., Zachary Klase PhD, associate professor of biological scientists and a virologist by training, spoke to several media outlets about the new, viral threat.
- Health Sciences Director Follows Ultra Endurance Athlete for Research
January 28, 2020
To highlight the importance of field research in exercise physiology, Patrick Davitt, PhD, CSCS, FACS, director of USciences Health Science Program and assistant professor of kinesiology, vlogged his case study of an ultra-endurance athlete during the Leadville Race Series Trail 100 mile race.
- USciences Education Propels Graduate's Success Across the Pond
January 24, 2020
Rosemary Cunningham Thomas P'86 is now the chief executive officer of a start-up focused on developing regenerative medicine solutions for advanced wound healing in the United Kingdom, but before the years of success in medical technology, she started out like many other USciences students.