In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- High School Physics Research Camp
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Summer Institute of Movement Science
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2019 USciences News
- Dr. Ala Stanford to Address Graduates at USciences Commencement
April 05, 2022
Ala Stanford, MD, FACS, FAAP, a healthcare advocate and founder of the Black Doctors COVID19 Consortium (BDCC) and the Dr. Ala Stanford Center for Health Equity, has been selected to address USciences graduates at the 201st Commencement Ceremony on Wednesday, May 25, 2022, at 1 p.m. at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, PA.
- Student Org Spotlight: Operation OTC Medicine Safety
March 14, 2022
Operation OTC Medicine Safety is a patient care group that operates under the American Pharmacists Association Academy of Student Pharmacists (APhA-ASP). The student organization at University of the Sciences aims to educate the community on safe use and storage of over-the-counter medications.
- Meg St. Clair Achieves Certified Research Administrator Status
February 10, 2022
Margaret St. Clair, Grants Specialist in the University of the Sciences Office of Sponsored Projects and Research, has recently been designated as a Certified Research Administrator by the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC).
- Assistant Professor Publishes Article on Autism Research
February 01, 2022
Ashley Brooke de Marchena, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience at USciences, recently published an opinion piece on Spectrum, a news website specific to autism research.
- USciences Hosts Annual MLK Day of Service Virtual Events
January 18, 2022
This year, the USciences Annual MLK Day of Service featured three virtual events to honor the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- USciences Faculty Awarded Grant from National Cancer Institute
January 17, 2022
Bin Chen, PhD, was awarded an R15 grant application from the National Institutes of Health's National Cancer Institute.
- Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author to be Honored at USciences Founders' Day
January 13, 2022
At its annual Founders' Day celebration on February 17, 2022, USciences will honor Sheri Fink MD, PhD, who will also give the keynote address.
- Student Org Spotlight: Sigma Psi Zeta
January 10, 2022
Sigma Psi Zeta is a national sorority and one of eleven Greek Life organizations at USciences.
- Pharmacy Student Awarded for Substance Use Disorders Public Health Work
December 21, 2021
Jasmeen Kaur's PharmD'22 work in public health has focused on harm reduction in patients with substance use disorders.
- USciences Faculty Supports Autistic Community At COVID Vaccine Clinic
December 15, 2021
Ashley de Marchena, PhD, Assistant Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience, and Director of USciences' InterAction Lab, volunteered at a special COVID-19 vaccine clinic on December 11, 2021 at the Academy of Natural Sciences for people with sensory issues.
- Student Org Spotlight: Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA)
December 14, 2021
Students in the USciences Occupational Therapy program can find connections outside of class at the Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA).
- Samson College Alumni Share Thoughts on Workplace Diversity
December 13, 2021
A panel of alumni from Samson College gathered at a roundtable event "Yield Ahead: Merging into the Workforce" hosted by the Samson College Diversity Equity and Inclusion Committee on November 30, 2021.
- COVID Vaccine Q&A With Pediatric Pharmacist
December 13, 2021
Associate Professor of Clinical Pharmacy Danielle Alm, PharmD, who specializes in pediatric pharmacy, shares some answers to frequently asked questions patients and their families may have about the COVID vaccine approved for use in children.
- Alumni Publishes Research in Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy
December 09, 2021
assistant Ross Fargnoli DPT'15, co-authored an article in the prestigious Journal of Orthopedic & Sports Physical Therapy
- Flexing Language Skills: USciences Humanities Students Get Hands-On in Spanish Course
December 07, 2021
Learning a foreign language can be difficult without understanding the real-world use of the language. For students enrolled in Spanish 101 and 201 at USciences, they got hands-on experience during an all-Spanish yoga class on campus in December.
- Alumna Brings Adaptive Sports Knowledge to PT Students
December 03, 2021
Adaptive sports has taken Judy Morrison MPT'93 around the world as she's helped athletes with disabilities on some of the world's biggest stages.
- Alumnus to Receive Remington Honor Medal
December 02, 2021
Peter H. Vlasses P'71 PharmD'73 is set to receive the Remington Honor Medal, the highest honor in pharmacy.
- Hundreds of Donors Support USciences Giving Tuesday
December 01, 2021
This year's Giving Tuesday campaign on November 30, 2021, brought together more than 440 USciences donors in support of student activities, research, and more.
- Student Org Spotlight: USciences Pre-Optometry Society
December 01, 2021
The pre-optometry society at USciences is a place for students on the pre-optometry track to connect, study, and network.
- Study: 72% of USciences Alumni Say Their Work Makes the World a Better Place
November 29, 2021
A recent study published by PayScale and featured in The Philadelphia Business Journal reports that 72% of USciences alumni feel that their work makes the world a better place.