In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Faculty and Staff Honored for Service at Annual Employee Recognition Reception
Faculty and staff were honored at the annual Employee Recognition Reception at USciences on June 6, 2019.
Every year, the University comes together after the spring semester is over to celebrate the years of service by employees. Ranging from five to thirty-five years of service, faculty and staff were recognized by President Paul Katz, MD. Two employees were also honored with the President’s Special Achievement Award and the Student Advocacy Award.
The 2018-19 recipient of the Present’s Special Achievement Award was Anne Vaccara, benefits specialist in the human resources department. The award is given to a member who has demonstrated superior performance on a consistent and sustained basis and whose achievements in the past year have been significant. Vaccara has been with the University for 15 years in a variety of roles.
“Benefits can be complicated and challenging work especially with integration into a new system, but Anne’s steady hand keeps the ship afloat and we do not know what we would do without her,” said the nomination letter. Faculty members also noted Vaccara’s kindness, attention to detail, and timeliness.
The Student Advocacy Award is given to an employee who has made a significant impact on the success and well-being of the students.
“The student experience is created not by one moment or individual, but by the multitude of interactions, lessons, and discoveries a student has while at USciences,” said Ross Radish JD, vice president of student affairs and dean of students.
Elisbetta Fasella, PhD, associate professor of chemistry, was nominated by her first-year students for her support in and out of the classroom.
“I’ve never had a professor who was as invested in each and every one of his or her student’s success as much as her,” read one letter. “Dr. Fasella wants us to succeed so much that it makes you want to too. She has so much passion for what she does, it makes you want to find that specific thing you’re just as passionate about too.”
Employee Service Honorees:
5 YEARS OF SERVICE
10 YEARS OF SERVICE
15 YEARS OF SERVICE
20 YEARS OF SERVICE
25 YEARS OF SERVICE
30 YEARS OF SERVICE
35 YEARS OF SERVICE
Categories: News, Faculty, Staff, Event, Awards and Honors