In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Dr. Eric Pelletier Honored with 2019 Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching
The Lindback Award is funded through a gift from the Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation and is given annually to a faculty member recognized by the students as the most outstanding instructor at the University.
USciences Provost Peter Miller, who presented Dr. Pelletier with the award, said it was a great honor to be nominated by his students for sharing his passion for teaching about pediatric physical therapy.
“His fervor for pediatric physical therapy infuses his classrooms with energy that encourages students to actively engage,” said Dr. Miller in his introduction. “As one student put it, ‘He displays enthusiasm for the subject and makes the material fun to learn, and makes everyone a little interested in pediatrics, even if they initially hated it.”
Dr. Pelletier expressed his thanks to the students who nominated him, saying he was humbled by the honor.
“I love teaching the students here at USciences,” said Dr. Pelletier. “Our students are eager, inquisitive, intelligent, and willing to take chances. My sincere thanks to all of the students I have had the awesome opportunity to teach over the years. You have inspired me in numerous ways.”
Dr. Pelletier is a board-certified pediatric clinical specialist whose career focus has been in the management of infants and toddlers. He currently serves on the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties and the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education.
He earned his doctor of physical therapy degree from Temple University and both a master of science in physical therapy and a bachelor of science degree from Boston University.
Originally from Lewiston, Maine, Dr. Pelletier currently resides in Montgomeryville, Pa., with his wife Heather and their sons Evan and Cameron.
Categories: News, Samson College of Health Sciences, Department of Physical Therapy, Physical Therapy, Faculty, Awards and Honors, Event