In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Dennis Collins Named Director of Facilities
With more than 20 years of experience working at institutions of higher education and over 35 years of extensive experience in facilities management, Dennis Collins has been named Director of Facilities Services at University of the Sciences.
Collins is initiating a culture of excellence and superior customer service in the
department to provide an environment for the faculty to give students an opportunity
Collins has first focused attention on the “first impression spaces” the first areas visitors see on campus including D’Angelo Mall and Griffith Hall.
“We want to make a good impression with prospective students and their families, so by making small improvements to these areas we can show how this campus is a real gem,” said Collins.
He hopes to revitalize the Little Mill Creek Garden as a teaching garden and outdoor classroom to be used by local school children.
“We want to enhance our involvement with the community because it can make a real difference for our neighbors,” said Collins.
Collins previously worked as director of facilities at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University in Camden, NJ where he worked with a project management team to transition to occupancy of a new, 200,000 square foot medical school building — which included many technical, medical spaces — and helped to ensure the project was on schedule and under budget. The project was also awarded Gold LEED certification for its environmental design. At CMSRU, Collins organized a new facilities department, defined goals and set a mission for employees which included a high standard of service and an emphasis on customer service.
For two decades prior, Collins rose through the ranks of the facilities department
at University of Pennsylvania. He was ultimately named an interim director of the
department that managed 114 buildings with 7.9 million square feet.
“He has a long history of community collaboration, service excellence, and staff development and is a terrific addition to the team at USciences,” said Valerie P. Weil, MD, Chief Financial and Operating Office at USciences.
Collins is a resident of Cherry Hill, NJ, his hometown. He is a weekend gardener and enjoys model railroading in his free time.
Categories: News, Staff, Announcement, Community