In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Alumni Relations Launches A Day in the Life: Alumni Speaker Series for Students
The Office of Alumni Relations launched its A Day in the Life Series - a new program featuring several roundtable discussions for students featuring USciences alumni from across different sectors of health, science, and business.
Externships and job shadowing are one of our students highly requested career-engagement opportunities. Through this initiative, the university can impact more students by bringing the "externships" to campus in this format.
The program was developed through the feedback of our students and an interest from alumni to mentor students. The Office of Alumni Relations frequently fields requests from students, many of whom have expressed interest in the opportunity to engage and have more interactions with alumni to ask them questions about daily operations.
We encourage all students to attend a session this Fall to network with alumni, and find out what they love about their work, how they forged their career path, and how USciences played a role in preparing them. Sessions will run about 45 minutes and most will be capped at 12 students. Registration required to attend, please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the program.
The speaker series kicked off on September 10th with alumna, Ellie Cantor, MS’73, Board Member, Association for Women in Science - AWIS.
Consider joining us at one of our upcoming sessions this Fall:
September 20, 2019, from 1pm - 2pm, meet with Ed Mercadante, P’79, Hon’17, Founder & CEO, CompreCare Health and MediTelecare
October 8, 2019, from 6pm - 7pm, meet with Reecha Pandya, BMS’15, NPI Engineer, Abbott
October 16, 2019, from 7am - 8 am,Rosemarie Halt, P’89, MPH’12, Senior Director of Policy, Maternity Care Coalition & President of the Alumni Association Board of Directors
October 18, 2019, from 1pm - 2pm, meet with Lisa Cikowski, P’83, Medical Affairs Regional Director, Eli Lilly and Company
November 12, 2019, from 6pm - 7pm, TBD
November 15, 2019, from 1pm - 2pm, meet with Dan Halberstadt, P’83, Head of Medical Information, Spark Therapeutics, Inc.
November 20, 2019, from 7am - 8 am, Lisa Mackell, MPT’88, Physical Therapist and President, Theraplay, Inc.
September and October sessions are in Griffith Hall 210 and November sessions are in IPEX 139. Beverages and light snacks will be provided.
Categories: News, Alumni, Students, Event, Misher College of Arts and Sciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Samson College of Health Sciences, Institutional Advancement