In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
USciences, Brookdale Community College Sign Articulation Agreements
Brookdale Community College and USciences signed a program-to-program articulation agreement and a professional bridge agreement for students interested in USciences’ pharmacy program at a ceremony on May 14, 2018. Both agreements would allow qualified students who complete select programs at Brookdale an opportunity to further their education in degree programs at USciences.
“This new partnership with the University of the Sciences is an outstanding opportunity for Brookdale students who are interested in a career in pharmacy, science, or healthcare to transfer seamlessly into select Bachelor of Science programs at an excellent university,” said Dr. David Stout, interim president, Brookdale Community College. “It demonstrates our shared commitment to make high-quality, affordable educational options available to our students.”
“This partnership with Brookdale Community College builds on the strength of each institution to offer students a broad range of educational opportunities,” said USciences President Paul Katz, MD. “We are delighted to provide access for qualified students to a wide range of majors at USciences and a pathway to gratifying career opportunities.”
The program-to-program articulation agreement facilitates the transition of students enrolled in any of six different associate degrees at Brookdale into 14, pre-identified bachelor of science programs at USciences including, biology, environmental science, neuroscience, pharmaceutical healthcare business, physics, and medical humanities. Under the terms of the program-to-program agreement, qualified students will be assured junior status and, if attending full-time, would be able to complete their bachelor degree program within four regular semesters at the University.
The schools also signed an agreement allowing qualified graduates to enter into USciences pre-professional doctor of pharmacy degree program.
The Professional Bridge – Pre-Pharmacy Early Assurance agreement allows students who earn an associate degree in math and science at Brookdale to transfer to USciences, complete in two semesters in order to fulfill the remaining requirements to enter the PharmD program, and then move into the first professional year of the program. Students will be required to meet the minimum cumulative GPA during the transitional year to be assured admission to the professional phase of the program.
To view photos from the signing ceremony, click here.
Categories: News, Academics, Transfer,