In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
University of the Sciences, Rosemont College Announce Dual Degree Partnership
Rosemont College and University of the Sciences announced a new partnership that enables students to pursue an accelerated route to a doctor of pharmacy degree this month.
Rosemont College President Sharon L. Hirsh and USciences President Paul Katz, MD, launched the collaboration on Wednesday, October 3, 2018, at a signing ceremony on USciences campus.
Eligible students will study at Rosemont College for three years then have the option to apply and transfer to the USciences’ PharmD program. After completing three years at Rosemont and their first year at USciences, students will earn a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Rosemont College. The USciences PharmD degree will be awarded after students successfully complete the requirements in the professional curriculum of the Doctor of Pharmacy Program, typically four years from transferring.
“We are thrilled to announce this unique partnership with University of the Sciences,” said Hirsh. “Biology is one of our most popular majors, and this collaboration will enable our students to earn two degrees in as little as seven years after high school and prepare them for careers to enter the exciting field of today’s pharmacy environment.”
“This partnership will provide a clear pathway for qualified students to pursue a doctor of pharmacy degree and many gratifying career opportunities,” said Peter Miller, PhD, USciences Provost. “We are excited to expand our partnership with Rosemont and build the affiliation between the two institutions.”
USciences was the first college of pharmacy in North America and has been ranked by U.S. News and World Report as the Philadelphia region’s top pharmacy school. Rosemont students will gain hands-on experience through USciences’ 300+ clinical affiliation partner sites across the country -- including some of the most renowned hospitals, medical centers, pharmaceutical companies, and regulatory agencies as part of this collaboration.
Find more information here.
Founded in 1921 by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, Rosemont College is a private, coeducational Catholic institution. Rosemont offers a comprehensive education through small group and experiential learning experiences while providing campus-wide academic, spiritual, and professional support. The college respects and embraces diversity and individuality and promotes students’ lifelong success. For more information, visit www.rosemont.edu.
Categories: News, Academics, Transfer,