In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Students Meet Basketball Teams, New Drake the Devil at Late Night Madness
USciences’ men's and women's basketball teams were greeted by crowds of students, including fellow student-athletes, as they were officially introduced at their annual Late Night Madness event on October 18, 2018, at Bobby Morgan Arena inside of the Athletic/Recreation Center.
The pep-rally atmosphere was complete when Drake the Devil, the University’s official mascot who had a recent makeover, was officially introduced to students. Drake posed for photos with students, broke it down with his great dance moves on the court, and cheered on students as they participated in friendly relay races and other activities.
There were also plenty of prizes, giveaways, and free food. The entire event was emceed
by Coach Dave Pauley.
Both the men's and women's basketball teams advanced to the Semifinals of the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) Tournament in 2018-19.
Notably, women's basketball had the most successful season in USciences Athletics history, capturing its second consecutive CACC Championship and winning two NCAA Tournament games to advance to the program's first-ever Sweet 16 and East Region Final.
Both teams open their 2018-19 campaigns on the weekend of November 9 and 10. The women will host American International on Friday, Nov. 9, at 7 p.m., while the men kick off their season Saturday, Nov. 10, with a 5 p.m. tip at Bridgeport.
See the full men's schedule.
See the full women's schedule.
Categories: News, Students, Athletics, Event, Student Life,