In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Students Honored at Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacology and Toxicology Recognition Ceremony
Students in the pharmacology and toxicology and pharmaceutical sciences programs were honored on October 12, 2018, at the 5th Annual Student Recognition Ceremony held on campus.
This ceremony, which honors undergraduate students, recognizes the importance of bachelor of science programs to help the college fulfill its mission.
Honored students included pharmaceutical sciences students Maggie Lin PhSci'20, Michael Mazzola PhSci'20, Stephen Oley PhSci'20, Ashley Romao PhSci'20, and Alyssa Wiley PhSci'20, as well as pharmacology and toxicology students Jarrina M. Carlos PH/TX'20, Nicole Colussi PH/TX'20, Hannah Fisher PH/TX'20, William Halle PH/TX'20, Hayden Hufnal PH/TX'20, Jonathan Hunter PH/TX'20, and Hebah Khan PH/TX'22. Brittany Rickard PH/TX’19 was awarded the G. Victor Rossi Scholarship.
At the ceremony, the two featured speakers were both program alumni who shared information about their careers. Neel Chauhan PhSci’13, MS, started his professional career at GlaxoSmithKline as a manufacturing associate and was promoted to production supervisor before pursuing his masters degree. Chauhan currently works as a new product introduction operations lead and is involved in the design and startup of a new facility that will manufacture future biotechnology products to treat diseases like cancer.
Raymond J. Gonzalez PH/TX’00, MS’02, PhD’12 (Pharmacology and Toxicology) is currently director of the cellular toxicology group within the safety assessment investigative toxicology department at Merck Research Labs. As an undergraduate, Gonzalez participated in research investigating the role of drug bioactivation in kidney toxicity under the guidance of Dr. Joan Tarloff, leading to a publication on the caveats of cell viability assays in vitro. He was also heavily involved in campus activities, participating in student government as a vice president and organizing the first ever Multicultural Day.
Categories: News, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Students, Alumni, Awards and Honors, Event