In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Rivard Named Vice Chairman of USciences Board of Trustees
James Rivard P'81, MBA, has been named Vice Chairman of University of the Sciences Board of Trustees
for the 2018-19 academic year, Board Chairman Marvin Samson HonAlum'96, HonDSc'16 announced.
Rivard, senior vice president of support services at Virtua Health, is an alumnus from the class of 1981. He began his service on the Board as the alumni representative in 2014 and was elected as a full member of the Board in 2017.
“Jim’s dedication and creativity have added much value to the University and the Board, and we are, indeed, fortunate to have him take an increased leadership role,” said Dr. Samson.
Additionally, Dr. Samson announced that Dr. Valerie Weil, MD, has been elected as Board Treasurer. Dr. Weil has been an administrative officer
of the corporation as the University's chief financial and operating officer since
Dr. Samson also announced that Ken Murtha has stepped down from the Board. Murtha served on the Board since 2004 and was former Co-Vice Chairman. He also chaired the presidential search committee, which helped to select Dr. Paul Katz as University president in 2016. Don Phillips BSc'70 PharmD'73 has completed his term on the Board, having served in various capacities since 1996 and re-joining the Board, most recently, in 2009.
“We thank Ken and Don for their time, commitment, and important parts they played in leading the University toward stability and future success. I know that they will continue to be advocates for the important work of this institution for many years to come,” Dr. Samson said.
Responsibilities of the University's Board include, but are not limited to, carrying out fiduciary duties through development, review, approval and oversight of the University’s long-range plans, policies and educational programs and ensuring their consistency with the institution’s mission and goals.
Categories: Board of Trustees, USciences