In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Alumnus Dr. Ed Foote Named PCP Dean
Edward Foote P’87, PharmD’91 is returning to his alma mater as dean of Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at University of the Sciences, PresidentPaul Katz, MD, announced. Dr. Foote has been serving as professor and chair of the Department of Pharmacy Practice at the Nesbitt School of Pharmacy of Wilkes University since 2004. He will start at USciences beginning July 1, 2018.
“Dr. Foote is a great new dean for our University. I had the pleasure of working with him when I was in Scranton and know he is a champion for interprofessional education,” Dr. Katz said. “He’s very hands on and understands the evolving role of the dean position in higher education.”
Prior to his appointment at Wilkes in 2000, he was assistant professor of pharmacy practice at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. Dr. Foote has published over 90 peer-reviewed book chapters, journal articles, and abstracts in the areas of nephrology, pharmacy education, and interprofessional education. He was a founding member of the Northeastern/Central Pennsylvania Interprofessional Education Coalition and chaired the committee for several years.
A registered pharmacist in Pennsylvania, he is also a board certified pharmacotherapy specialist (BCPS) and a fellow of the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP). He has been active in many professional organizations including ACCP, American Pharmacists Association, and American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy. Following his completion of his PharmD from then PCP, Dr. Foote completed a post-doctoral fellowship in pharmacokinetics (with emphasis in nephrology) from Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.
“We look forward to Dr. Foote implementing the new PharmD curriculum in fall 2018, focusing on successful student recruitment and retention strategies for all of the PCP programs, building our interprofessional education activities, enhancing the student experience, and promoting the scholarly activities within PCP,” Dr. Katz said.
Dr. Foote will take over for Patricia R. Audet P’76, PharmD'78 who has been acting as interim dean for PCP since July 1, 2017, and successfully steered the University through the ACPE accreditation process that resulted in the restoration of the customary accreditation term of eight years between comprehensive evaluations.
Categories: News, Faculty, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration