In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Welcome Receptions for Dr. Paul Katz
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
USciences' MBA Program Ranked Among Nation's Elite for Fourth-Consecutive Year
Written by Jenna Pizzi
Published on May 15, 2017
For the fourth-straight year, University of the Sciences’ master of business administration program has been ranked among the nation’s elite. Hosted under the University’s Mayes College of Healthcare and Business Policy, the MBA program was named a tier one program among other competing programs in the United States, according to the list published in CEO Magazine.
The ranking is determined by a weighting of key performance indicators considered to be of interest and value to potential students. The indicators include international diversity, class sizes, student work experience, faculty-to-student ratio, and faculty qualifications in both the academic and professional realms.
“Not only is our curriculum world class, but so is our faculty. Each of our faculty members have had long and distinguished careers in the pharmaceutical sector, with experience ranging from senior executives to entrepreneurs in product strategy, advertising, market research and organizational change,” said Robert Mueller, EdD, director of the MBA program at USciences. “They have academic bona fides grounded in real business experience.
The USciences MBA in pharmaceutical and healthcare business is one of the few specialized MBA programs in the country and caters to the busy lifestyles of students with on-campus evening courses and online study options.
Our curriculum covers the core business topics you would expect from a world-class MBA program—along with an added component specific to pharmaceutical and healthcare business, such as marketing and sales, research and development, regulation of prescription drugs and health economics.
“Our graduates hit the ground running. While other newly minted MBAs require many months to come up to speed with regard to the sector, our MBAs contribute from day one. It is a strong first impression,” said Mueller.
According to a survey of our MBA graduates:
- 84% had a job within six months
- 93% make more than $50,000—and 39% make more than $125,000
- 87% had received at least one promotion, or had changed jobs for a higher one, since graduation
- 91% were in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
Categories: Announcement, News, Mayes College, Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business, Business