In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
USciences hosts iPraxis Celebration for Philadelphia Middle School Achievers
University of the Sciences is proud to host students and families from iPraxis for the 11th annual iFunction Celebration and Awards Program on June 7, 2017. The event is the awards celebration to honor Philadelphia middle school students who placed in their school-based, city-wide, and tri-state science fairs.
USciences has been a longtime supporter of iPraxis and is strongly in favor of the organization’s mission to enhance the lives of students in Philadelphia through science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. USciences Professor Adeboye Adejare, PhD, serves as the organization’s chairman and secretary.
“On behalf of the entire USciences community, I offer you, your families, and all those in your life who have played a role in your success a well-deserved congratulations on your accomplishments and know this is only the beginning,” said USciences President Paul Katz, MD.
iPraxis works to inspire middle school aged students in underserved Philadelphia communities to explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by connecting them with professional scientists and providing hands-on learning experiences.
"We at USciences are thrilled to have iPraxis students and families on campus for iFunction,” said David L. Forde, Jr., Vice President of Community and Government Affairs. “We recognize and value the work of iPraxis in enhancing the lives of students in Philadelphia through STEM. It only seems fitting that we celebrate the accomplishments of these young women and men in a setting steeped in science and give them a glimpse of what their future may hold."
Categories: News, Awards and Honors, Community, Event, USciences