In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
7th Annual Healthy Lifestyles Competition for Local High School Students
More than $10,000 in scholarships and cash prizes is up for grabs to local high school students who showcase their ability to create effective health-conscious social media campaigns at the seventh annual Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Competition at USciences.
The students are asked to design social media campaigns across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and more to communicate a specific theme that would encourage individuals to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
This competition is open to all high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors, and both individual and team entries are acceptable. Campaign themes should inspire individuals of all ages to change up unhealthy habits such as encouraging them to make better food choices, lose weight, limit alcohol consumption, or stop smoking. However, students are also encouraged to think outside of the box and come up with their own unique ideas.
All submissions must include a PowerPoint presentation, but students can also incorporate videos, photo galleries, and other tools that take advantage of their respective social media platforms. Target audiences for the presentations will vary based on each particular topic being discussed.
The entries will be judged on creativity, originality, understanding of the target audience, social media strategy, presentation skills, and social media campaign materials including relevance and applicability, artistic merit, mastery of the media, and production skills.
The deadline to submit entry forms is Monday, February 27, 2017 and final campaign presentations must be submitted by Wednesday, March 1, 2017. All participants must attend the competition and awards ceremony on Saturday March 4, 2017. For more details regarding the competition’s registration process and rules, click here.
Categories: News, Announcement, Event, USciences, Mayes College, Department of Health Policy, Health Policy, Public Health, Business, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Homepage