In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Dr. Thea Zunick Named Director of Student Life at USciences
Thea Zunick, EdD, has been named director of student life at University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. She comes to USciences with more than 11 years of experience in student affairs including institutions specializing in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
At USciences, Dr. Zunick will oversee residence life, fraternity and sorority life, off-campus housing, international student services, student activities, campus programming, leadership development, and the advisement of the Student Government Association.
She has published for the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity online blog, Sigma Pi fraternity’s Emerald magazine, the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors (AFA) Essentials magazine, and the NJ Alliance of the American College Personnel Association’s online blog.
Dr. Zunick is a longtime volunteer and presenter for Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA), AFA, Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA), and various fraternities and sororities. Dr. Zunick also teaches in the Montclair State University student affairs master's program and serves as a mentor for their master’s student mentorship program.
She has been recognized as the fraternity/sorority advisor of the year by Beta Theta Pi Fraternity, the volunteer of the year from NGLA, the fraternity & sorority advisor of the biennium by Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority, the university partner of the year by Sigma Phi Epsilon, and the Larry Philippi advisor of the year by Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity.
Dr. Zunick is a graduate of the educational doctorate program at Rutgers University. Her dissertation assessed academic and personal outcomes of men engaged in the Sigma Phi Epsilon residential learning community. Dr. Zunick also completed the student personnel in higher education master’s program at the University of Florida. She earned a bachelor of science in elementary education and psychology from The College of New Jersey, and an associate’s degree in liberal arts from Middlesex County College. She also received a certificate for the completion of the Penn Equity Institute for Doctoral Students from the University of Pennsylvania.
Originally from East Brunswick, N.J., Dr. Zunick currently resides in Philadelphia and enjoys foodie adventures, traveling, networking, high intensity interval training, dancing, and spending time with her dog Zoey.
Categories: Staff, Fraternity and Sorority Life, Residence Life, Student Government Association, Student Health and Counseling, Announcement, Campus, Student Life,