In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
USciences Moves Up in College Scorecard Top 10 National Ranking for Average Grad Salary
Written by Jenna Pizzi
Published on October 17, 2016
Recent grads earned an average of $95,800, the most of any institution in the tri-state area.
The earning power of USciences graduates continues to rise for average salary after graduation, with the University placing seventh nationally and keeping the top spot for local graduates, according to new 2016 College Scorecard data from the U.S. Department of Education.
The 2016 College Scorecard, which was updated with new data in September 2016, shows that USciences grads earned a median annual income of $95,800 ten years after students enrolled. That is an increase of $10,000 a year over last year’s stats.
Among two- and four- year U.S. colleges and universities ranked, USciences moved up two spots to seventh nationally. In addition, graduates were the highest earners on average among those from institutions in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware, and the third highest in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The College Scorecard database gives families access to the most complete and unbiased data regarding the costs and benefits of higher education institutions throughout the country.
As a unique school specializing in healthcare and science fields, USciences offers a wide-range of degrees in those fields. Students receive extensive hands-on experience and are able to conduct research as early as their first year, working with state-of-the-art equipment in more than 100 labs. Students also partake in internships, experiential education programming, interprofessional education, and leadership opportunities. The success of the University’s practical approach to learning is evident in every graduate who has walked its campus and alumni who are proven everywhere they go.
A credit to the quality of the USciences education, students have a proven track record of graduating on time, landing jobs in their fields, paying back their college loans, and earning top dollar during their careers.
The statistics speak for themselves:
- USciences’ graduation rate is 10 to 15 points higher than the national average, according to data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Ninety-six percent of USciences graduates are employed or accepted for an advanced degree within six months of graduation.
- Ninety-four percent of well qualified USciences students are accepted into U.S. medical schools.
- USciences prepares students for health professions that rank among the 25 best healthcare jobs in the U.S. including dentist, pharmacist, physician, physical therapist, physician assistant, and occupational therapist.
Data on former students’ salaries were available for 3,659 institutions across the United States, including 277 in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware and 559 institutions in the Mid-Atlantic Region, when eliminating those institutions for which salary information is not provided. The data were based on federal tax records of students who had received a federal loan or grant, regardless of whether they graduated.
Founded in 1821 as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, USciences has launched the careers of many innovative individuals in the field of healthcare, including the founders of six of the world’s pharmaceutical companies. In addition, other successful alumni have made, and continue to make, significant contributions in fields beyond pharmacy as USciences builds upon its life sciences legacy that began nearly two centuries ago.
Please note: The charts in this story represent all four-year U.S. colleges and universities included in the College Scorecard database.
Categories: Mayes College, Misher College, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Samson College, USciences, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Department of Biology, Department of Chemistry, Department of Health Policy, Department of Humanities, Department of Kinesiology, Department of Mathematics, Department of Occupational Therapy, Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Department of Physical Education, Department of Physical Therapy, Department of Physician Assistant Studies, Mayes College, Misher College, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Samson College, USciences, Behavioral Health, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biomedical Writing, Brewing Science, Business, Cancer Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Communication, Environmental Science, Exercise Science and Wellness Management, Forensic Science, Healthcare Navigation, Health Policy, Health Psychology, Health Science, Humanities and Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Medical Anthropology, Medical Laboratory Science, Neuroscience, Occupational Therapy, Pre-Med, Physical Therapy, Physics, Physician Assistant Studies, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Public Health, Sociology, Writing Program, Tout