In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
USciences and Rosemont College Sign Articulation Agreement for MA in Counseling Psychology
University of the Sciences and Rosemont College have signed an articulation agreement that allows graduates from USciences’ undergraduate psychology program be assured admission to Rosemont College’s master of arts program in counseling psychology. The agreement is effective immediately.
Counseling psychology is a specialty within professional psychology that maintains a focus on facilitating personal and interpersonal functioning across the life span, according to the Society of Counseling Psychology. The specialty pays particular attention to emotional, social, vocational, educational, health-related, developmental, and organizational concerns.
In order to qualify, USciences applicants will have earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and completed the formal admission process to the master of arts program Rosemont College.
In addition, students earning a final cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or above at graduation from USciences will be eligible for a 25% tuition discount (exclusive of fees) on all course work taken in the master of arts program in counseling psychology at Rosemont College.
“This agreement provides a great opportunity for USciences psychology students wishing to pursue a career in counseling, and it represents the beginning of what promises to be a strong partnership between the two institutions,” said Dr. Suzanne Murphy, dean of USciences’ Misher College of Arts and Sciences.
Articulation agreements in general set forth the principles of mutual understanding to facilitate the progression of students between two institutions. This partnership offers students a broad range of educational opportunities. Ultimately, the agreement provides a clear path for students to continue their education.
About Rosemont College
Rosemont College is a private, coeducational Catholic institution founded in 1921 by the Society of the Holy Child Jesus. Rosemont offers a comprehensive education through small group and experiential learning experiences while providing campus-wide academic, spiritual, and professional support. We respect and embrace diversity and individuality and promote students’ lifelong success. For more information, visit www.rosemont.edu.
Categories: Announcement, Academics, Misher College, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Behavioral Health, Psychology, Misher College Homepage, Psychology Homepage