In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Welcome Receptions for Dr. Paul Katz
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Revamped Mobile App Puts USciences at Students’ Fingertips
Written by Jenna Pizzi
Published on July 20, 2016
Students, faculty, and staff are able to access all things USciences more easily with the new USciences mobile app which re-launched this summer.
The app, which first debuted in 2012, has been updated to help create a more mobile lifestyle.
“Today’s students expect to find information at their fingertips when they need it,” said Dr. Rodney Murray, executive director of academic technology services. “Access to directories, maps, news and events, learning system content, campus photos, and videos are now available on their smartphones and tablets.”
This new version works to create a more functional and seamless experience. The original app did not run natively on an iPad and did not integrate well with other campus systems, issues that have been addressed in this release.
In addition to a new, interactive campus map, students can now connect with USciences on social media through the app, access Blackboard, browse a University directory and see the latest news about activities and events happening on campus. The app also connects to the library’s mobile website allowing the ability to access and search the library catalogue remotely.
The Department of Academic Technology Services said they are working to include additional functions to the app in the coming months.
The USciences app is free and available for download on Apple and Android devices. Users who downloaded the original app only need to update their app to get the new version. Click here for more information.
Categories: News, Feature Story, Faculty, Staff, Students, Academic Technology, USciences