In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy Wins Public Awareness Award
The Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association recently presented the Philadelphia College of Pharmacy with the 2016 Public Awareness and Communication Award during PPA’s Annual Conference held at the Crown Plaza Philadelphia-King of Prussia on September 24, 2016 in King of Prussia, Pa.
This award recognizes the school that worked at developing and participating in public awareness and community activities promoting the role of the pharmacist. It especially focused on participation int he Generation Rx and Katy’s Kids programs. Credit was also provided based on communications activities with PPA through the variety of communications materials and media outreach.
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy held multiple events promoting Katy’s Kids and Generation Rx, was very active on social media, and had a creative “Share Your Why” photoshoot that allowed students to share why they love or chose pharmacy.
The student group received a commemorative plaque and a $200 cash prize for their organization.
Founded in 1878, the Pennsylvania Pharmacists Association is a professional membership organization with more than 2,000 pharmacists and pharmacy students across the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, representing almost all facets of pharmacy practice. As the leading voice of pharmacy in Pennsylvania, it promotes the profession through advocacy, education, and communication to enhance patient care and public health.
Categories: News, Feature Story, Students, Awards and Honors, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration