In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy to host 7th Annual PCP Symposium
Written by Jenna Pizzi
Published on May 18, 2016
Philadelphia College of Pharmacy at University of the Sciences will host the 7th Annual PCP Symposium on June 1 for the four recipients of the 2015 Varis Women’s Health Research Awards. The symposium will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. in the McNeil Science and Technology Center’s AstraZeneca Auditorium. The speakers include:
- Gladys Dueñas, PharmD, assistant professor of clinical pharmacy who was awarded for
developing women faculty leaders in community pharmacy practice.
- Isabelle Mercier, PhD, associate professor of pharmaceutical sciences who was awarded
for her research of novel radiosensitizers for the treatment of women with triple
negative breast cancers.
- Clyde Ofner, PhD, professor of pharmaceutics who studies intracellular delivery of
doxorubicin from biodegradable conjugate for localized treatment of breast cancer
with minimal systemic toxicities.
- Jessica M. Sautter, PhD, assistant professor of medical sociology who studies interprofessional
The Varis Women’s Health Research Awards were funded by the Agnes Varis Charitable Trust and provided $10,000 to each of the awarded faculty to support research for women’s health and leadership.
The Anges Varis Charitable Trust honors the legacy of Dr. Anges Varis, a pharmaceutical business leader, who believed that philanthropy uplifts both the individual and the community. Dr. Varis was always helping women thrive in the pharmaceutical industry, taking them under her wing and acting as a mentor and role model for them. Upon her death in August 2011, the Agnes Varis Charitable Trust was established to support her passion for women’s rights, the under privileged, animal rights and the arts.
The symposium is free and open to the public.
Categories: News, Announcement, Faculty, Event, Academics, Research, Leadership, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration, Pharmaceutical Sciences