In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Incoming Students Get Acquainted with Campus at Orientation
Students new to University of the Sciences got a taste of campus life this summer during Orientation.
In June, 310 students, accounting for 95 percent of all incoming students, made two-day visit to campus during one of three sessions starting on June 22 and ending June 30.
“The students participated in a number of events designed to help them acclimate to the USciences campus, meet other students, and begin to connect with their academic cohort,” said Susanne Ferrin, director of student engagement.
The students got an overview about their colleges, got to know the dining hall and about student services like health and counseling, and learned about living on campus.
Orientation leaders, students currently enrolled in USciences, helped to plan activities and events that they thought would help the incoming students feel more comfortable. The student-run events included icebreakers and games on the Quad, USciences Jeopardy, and Late Night @USciences, a party with music, games and food in the Athletic/Recreation Center.
The new students’ family and friends also got to know the University with several sessions of presentations, and question and answers with representatives from different departments. The family members learned how to help their student’s transition into college and also attended a reception with the University’s Interim President Dr. Kate Mayes.
Check out photos from summer’s orientation sessions here.
Categories: News, Feature Story, Students, Academics, USciences