In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Welcome Receptions for Dr. Paul Katz
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Incoming Students Get Acquainted with Campus at Orientation
Written by Jenna Pizzi
Published on July 25, 2016
Students new to University of the Sciences got a taste of campus life this summer during Orientation.
In June, 310 students, accounting for 95 percent of all incoming students, made two-day visit to campus during one of three sessions starting on June 22 and ending June 30.
“The students participated in a number of events designed to help them acclimate to the USciences campus, meet other students, and begin to connect with their academic cohort,” said Susanne Ferrin, director of student engagement.
The students got an overview about their colleges, got to know the dining hall and about student services like health and counseling, and learned about living on campus.
Orientation leaders, students currently enrolled in USciences, helped to plan activities and events that they thought would help the incoming students feel more comfortable. The student-run events included icebreakers and games on the Quad, USciences Jeopardy, and Late Night @USciences, a party with music, games and food in the Athletic/Recreation Center.
The new students’ family and friends also got to know the University with several sessions of presentations, and question and answers with representatives from different departments. The family members learned how to help their student’s transition into college and also attended a reception with the University’s Interim President Dr. Kate Mayes.
Check out photos from summer’s orientation sessions here.
Categories: News, Feature Story, Students, Academics, USciences