In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Dr. Grace Farber Named Director of General Education
Grace Farber, PhD, was named the director of general education by Interim Provost Dr. Peter Miller. The appointment was effective as of April 7, 2016. Dr. Farber was recommended by a Faculty Senate search committee.
As director of general education, Dr. Farber envisions increasing cross-college collaboration
on general education initiatives with a goal of better integrating general education
skills with the knowledge requirements of our students’ academic disciplines and professions.
She is also committed to leveraging USciences’ technological resources to make assessment
data easier to submit, analyze, report, and act on.
Dr. Farber received her PhD in molecular and cellular biology from University of Pittsburgh and has been an assistant professor in the Department of Biological Sciences since 2012. In addition to her biology teaching responsibilities, she developed and directs USciences’ neuroscience minor program, and is involved in multiple academic and service initiatives across the campus, including as USciences’ co-organizer for the Philadelphia Science Festival.
Dr. Farber, who resides in the Philadelphia suburbs, steps into the position following the promotion of Dr. Laura Pontiggia, who had served as our director of general education since 2012 and is now interim associate dean in Misher College of Arts and Sciences.
Categories: News, Announcement, Faculty, Academics, Misher College, Department of Biology, Biology