In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
David L. Forde Named Director of Community and Government Affairs
University of the Sciences recently named David L. Forde, Jr., director of community
and government affairs. In this role, Forde will help the University build its community
presence while overseeing outreach efforts with elected officials and government agencies.
“David Forde has a passion for promoting common sense policy that will allow him to bridge the gaps that sometimes surface between higher education institutions and the communities in which they reside,” said Interim President Dr. Kathleen R. Mayes.
In his short time at USciences, Forde has outreached with local recreation facilities and public schools to assess needs and determine how USciences can be a productive partner to those institutions. One of his goals is to facilitate activity by the University that will support local business and be proactive in addressing the needs of local residents.
“I am thrilled to have joined the University in this capacity,” said Forde. “In a short time, I have discovered there are a number of win-win opportunities for USciences and the community. I’m looking forward to working with local stakeholders to turn those opportunities into successes.”
Prior to joining USciences, Forde was the COO for Engagement Studios, a creative collective and innovation studio promoting civic and social engagement. He also spent 16 years in the Philadelphia City Council, first under the tutelage of Councilwoman Happy Fernandez and then as the Chief of Staff for Councilwoman Blondell Reynolds Brown. During his time in Council, he assisted the Councilwomen in ensuring that their priorities made advances in their primary issue areas which included children and youth, workplace diversity, and arts and culture.
Forde has served on a number of boards including the SEPTA Citizens Advisory Committee (chairman) and the Energy Coordinating Agency of Philadelphia. He currently serves on the boards of VietLEAD (vice chair) and the Painted Bride Art Center. Forde has also been named a “Philly Connector” by Leadership Philadelphia.
Categories: News, Community, Announcement, Staff, USciences