In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
American Chemical Society Names USciences Student Group an Outstanding Chapter
The American Chemical Society student chapter at USciences has been selected to receive an Outstanding Chapter Award for its activities.
(Left to right) Aaron Hogan, Bryan Figula, Atithi Patel, Joey Harmon, Courtney Vander Pyl, Joseph Duffield, Oleg Davydovich, and Co-Advisors Catherine Bentzley and Vanessa Jones.
The USciences chapter was selected from a group of more than 400 student groups from around the country. It was named among 46 honored as outstanding, the highest award. The Society Committee on Education (SOCED) selects Student chapters to receive special recognition on the basis of their programs and activities, as described in their chapter reports.
The chapter is led by faculty advisors Catherine Bentzley PhD, associate professor of chemistry, and Vanessa Jones, assistant to the chair of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
“Few faculty members are willing to make the great commitment of time and energy that a successful chapter requires,” said Dr. Donna Nelson, 2016 president of the American Chemical Society. “Professor Bentzley and Ms. Jones’ efforts certainly represent the best in undergraduate science education and mentoring around the country.”
The chapter will be recognized at the 253rd ACS National Meeting in San Francisco, CA on Sunday April 2, 2017.
Categories: News, Students, Awards and Honors, Department of Chemistry, Chemistry