In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Continuing Pharmacy Education
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Welcome Week
- Alpha Chi Induction Dinner
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
2015-16 Faculty Awards
Faculty achievers were celebrated at the annual faculty luncheon on June 9, 2016. Some of the awards had been previously announced at events throughout the academic year. Congratulations to all of the recipients.
Are nominated by students and faculty. In all cases the winners were nominated for going the extra mile to teach and being extra available for their students. Their enthusiasm inspired the students to learn and be motived in their future careers. Each of them serves as role models for the students. The deans select one winner per college.
- Mark Campbell (Samson College)
- Laura Finn (Philadelphia College of Pharmacy)
- Janina Levin (Mayes College of Healthcare Business and Policy)
- John A. Muccitelli (Misher College of Arts and Sciences)
Bright Idea Award
Initiated to encourage more faculty, and especially newer faculty, to present their innovative teaching ideas at the annual teaching and learning poster day, and to submit an abstract for the center's annual edition of document of innovations or learning centered teaching practices.
- Karleen Melody, PharmD, assistant professor of clinical pharmacy, and Henry M. Schwartz P’70, PharmD, director of community pharmacy practice experiences—Redesign of a First Professional Year Pharmacy Experiential Education Course.
- Roberto Ramos, PhD, associate professor of physics—Student Responses to Innovative Flipped Physics Classes with Built-In Post-Video Feedback Quizzes
Patricia Leahy Award For Learning Innovation
Given to recognize faculty who are implementing large scale innovations, or ones with great impact. These have become publishable works of scholarship for teaching and learning.
- Kimberly Ward, PT, DPT, PCS, MPH, assistant professor of physical therapy
- Diane Hadley, PharmD, assistant professor clinical pharmacy
- Sanchita Sen, PharmD, assistant professor of clinical pharmacy
- Valerie Ganetsky, PharmD, assistant professor of clinical pharmacy
- Joan Ward, MS, chair of the Department of Physician Assistant Studies
- Supriya Sen, OTD, MS, assistant professor of occupational therapy
The Faculty Advisor of the Year Award
Many of the faculty serve as academic advisors to USciences students and advising and mentoring our students are critical to the success, satisfaction, and retention of our students.
- Margaret Reinhart, MT, MMa, MS, director of the medical laboratory science program
The Lindback award for excellence in teaching is presented to a faculty member at commencement. Students nominate faculty members for this prestigious award, and former winners of the award select the honoree.
- Grace Farber, PhD, assistant professor of biological sciences
Faculty Special Recognition Award
The faculty special recognition award was established to annually honor a faculty member who made truly outstanding contributions to the university. Eligible faculty members are those who are rated to “exceed expectations” in their annual evaluation and one faculty member has been selected to be awarded today by the department chairs and deans.
- Angela Bingham, PharmD, assistant professor clinical pharmacy
The Homiller Award
The Homiller award is unique among the honors the university can bestow upon a faculty member because it is a peer-determined selection. Candidates are nominated following an open call to the faculty for nominations. Final selection is made by a special committee of faculty senate's executive committee.
- Jessica Sautter, PhD, assistant professor of medical sociology
Categories: News, Feature Story, Faculty, Academics, Mayes College, Misher College, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Samson College, USciences, Department of Behavioral Sciences, Department of Biology, Department of Chemistry, Department of Health Policy, Department of Humanities, Department of Kinesiology, Department of Mathematics, Department of Occupational Therapy, Department of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Department of Physical Education, Department of Physical Therapy, Department of Physician Assistant Studies, Behavioral Health, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biomedical Writing, Brewing Science, Business, Cancer Biology, Cell and Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Communication, Environmental Science, Exercise Science and Wellness Management, Forensic Science, Healthcare Navigation, Health Policy, Health Psychology, Health Science, Humanities and Science, Mathematics, Microbiology, Medical Anthropology, Medical Laboratory Science, Neuroscience, Occupational Therapy, Pre-Med, Physical Therapy, Physics, Physician Assistant Studies, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Administration, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Public Health, Sociology, Writing Program