In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- Welcome Week
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
USciences’ Men’s Athletics Program Earns 2014-15 CACC Sportsmanship Award
The Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) and Commissioner Dan Mara recently announced the recipients of the 2014-15 CACC Sportsmanship Awards with University of the Sciences capturing the Men's Sportsmanship honor.
The award recipients were identified by the total number of sportsmanship votes the institution received over the course of the academic year divided by the total number of sports sponsored. Since the award's inception in 2006-07, the Devils' men's athletic teams have earned this honor four times in 2008-09, 2009-10, 2011-12, and most recently, 2014-15. On the women’s side, Nyack College captured the award for the ninth consecutive year.
"This is a great honor to be recognized for the sportsmanship award,” said USciences Athletic Director Marc Caserio, EdD. “This is a true testament to our coaches who instill the qualities of sportsmanship in their players on a daily basis. More importantly, I admire and respect the way our student athletes conduct themselves on and off the playing surface. They are the main reason why we are receiving this award."
The Devils men’s cross country, basketball and baseball teams each took home their respective CACC Team Sportsmanship Award in 2014-15 while the men’s tennis team was third behind Concordia College and Bloomfield College who finished tied in the voting for the men’s tennis sportsmanship award.
The coaches of each CACC sport select a sportsmanship award winner at the conclusion of its respective season and institutions receive points for the votes they receive throughout the year. The point total for each school is then divided by the number of sports the institution sponsors to determine the overall winners for the academic year. One men’s program and one women’s program receives a plaque each year. The overall Team Sportsmanship Awards were first given out after the 2006-07 athletic season.
University of the Sciences sponsors five men’s and five women’s sports within the CACC. Men’s sports sponsored within the CACC are baseball, basketball, cross country, golf and tennis. CACC women’s sports sponsored by USciences include basketball, cross country, softball, tennis and volleyball. USciences also sponsors a mixed and a women’s rifle team, giving the Devils a total of 12 sponsored sports. The rifle teams are members of the Mid-Atlantic Rifle Conference (MAC).
Categories: News, Feature Story, Students, Awards and Honors, Athletics, USciences