In This Section
- News by Topic
- Media Resources
- University Events
- 5K Race for Humanity
- Advances in Pharmacy Practice
- Alumni Reunion Weekend
- Delivering Medication Therapy Management Services Certificate Program
- Discover Series
- Family Fall Fest
- Founders’ Day
- Graduate Student Orientation
- Healthy Lifestyles Social Media Business Competition
- Lois K. Cohen Lecture Series
- Making the Connections
- The Bernard J. Malis Memorial Lectureship in Humanities
- Misher Festival of Fine Arts and Humanities
- MLK Day of Service
- Move-in and Welcome Events
- Patricia Leahy Memorial Lecture
- Pharmacy-Based Immunization Delivery Training
- Philadelphia Grain Malt Symposium
- Philadelphia Science Festival
- REEP Annual Symposium and Networking Event
- Research Day and John C. Krantz Jr. Lecture
- Undergraduate Research Festival
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Continuing Education Series
- USciences in the News
- The Bulletin Alumni Magazine
- The Insider Newsletter Signup
Rose Mary Hoy Receives 2015 Ivor Griffith Service Award at USciences
Rose Mary Hoy P'82 was recently presented with the Ivor Griffith Service Award at University of the Sciences’ annual Alumni Reunion on Saturday, Oct. 24. Each year, this award honors an individual who has voluntarily given time and service in an outstanding fashion to the University directly or through activity in the USciences Alumni Association.
Hoy, a national pharmacy sales director for Merck Vaccines, has served on the board of trustees at USciences for the past five years and frequently lectures to students about careers in pharmacy and managed care. She actively supports USciences’ student chapter of the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy in her role as diplomat, and also participates in the USciences healthcare business advisory panel.
Over the past three decades, Hoy has had a long distinguished career with Merck, with previous responsibilities in sales, marketing, and manufacturing. She played a critical role in launching the pharmacy sales team, and focused on supporting the role of the pharmacist with delivery of immunization services and advancing advance public health objectives.
Throughout her tenure at Merck, she has been recognized with a variety of leadership awards, including a division award in 2004, twice nominated for most admired woman at Merck, the president’s award in 2006, and regional rewards in 2010, 2011, and 2012.
Hoy received her pharmacy degree from then Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science in 1982, and also attended the Wharton School of Business. She and her husband, fellow USciences alumnus Michael Hoy P’81, PhD’89, reside in Sellersville, Pennsylvania, with their two children.
Categories: News, Feature Story, Board of Trustees, Alumni, Proven Everywhere, Awards and Honors, USciences, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacy Practice, Pharmacy